Thread: Does anyone install Windows 8 on Acer Iconia tab W500?

Does anyone install Windows 8 on Acer Iconia tab W500?

It's a query not only for the fresh Acer Iconia Tab W500, but for any person looking to pay money for a new tablet pc at the moment. My question is to be simple. Is there anybody already used this Acer Iconia tab W500 with Windows 8. If yes, then please share your installation experience here. I am waiting your valuable reply. Thanks for anything.

Re: Does anyone install Windows 8 on Acer Iconia tab W500?

I buy this tablet pc in last month and now I work on windows 8 developer preview. This is not the inbuilt OS of the tablet but I can say that this tablet provides me opportunity to install such windows 8 beta version onto my tablet pc. You can also do this task if you already buy this tablet. If you can’t buy this tablet then take service dealer help and do this windows 8 beta version installation process.

This is something Acer is looking to challenge with the release of the Iconia Tab W500. The process to do this installation task is being as follows:
    • Extract downloaded Windows 8 Developer Preview ISO setup files onto safe location on your tablet.
    • Move this setup files onto external Pen drive and reboot this tablet with this pen drive.
    • If you setup first bootable device as USB thumb drive then it boots this drive immediately after startup.
    • It then automatically installs all the drivers of this windows 8 developer preview. This is the simple process that install windows 8 developer preview beta version easily onto your tablet pc without taking much time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    This is something Acer is looking to challenge with the release of the Iconia Tab W500. The process to do this installation task is being as follows:
    • Extract downloaded Windows 8 Developer Preview ISO setup files onto safe location on your tablet.
    • Move this setup files onto external Pen drive and reboot this tablet with this pen drive.
    • If you setup first bootable device as USB thumb drive then it boots this drive immediately after startup.
    • It then automatically installs all the drivers of this windows 8 developer preview. This is the simple process that install windows 8 developer preview beta version easily onto your tablet pc without taking much time.
    In this windows 8 installation process remember one thing that this process can’t install the Bluetooth and the G-Sensor driver. Hence you need to install this driver after finishing this installation process. Then try this and check what result arrives onto your tablet pc. I hope that this will be work to access Bluetooth and the g-sensor type of advanced features. You can download these drivers from the Acer website. Hence do this task and after finishing this process just reboot tablet for safe reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    I try this process but initial downloading process goes failure. I don’t know the exact reason but I want to fix this issue. Can any person help me to fix it correctly? Anything would be appreciating.

Quote Originally Posted by Zev View Post
    I try this process but initial downloading process goes failure. I don’t know the exact reason but I want to fix this issue. Can any person help me to fix it correctly? Anything would be appreciating.
    You need to check the downloading link you use for this process. Most of the time this type of problem is being arrives because of the downloading link is not selected correctly. Then my suggestion would be use official site link and do this downloading task. You can do this task onto other laptop as well as desktop system. But remember one thing that use the compatible version for this installation process.

Quote Originally Posted by Aachman View Post
    You need to check the downloading link you use for this process. Most of the time this type of problem is being arrives because of the downloading link is not selected correctly. Then my suggestion would be use official site link and do this downloading task. You can do this task onto other laptop as well as desktop system. But remember one thing that use the compatible version for this installation process.
    Yes, this is the best way that works well. You need to use official site help and perform this downloading task on any comfortable laptop. At this time check compatibility of this setup files with the tablet pc. Then extract this setup file and move it to the USB pen drive. At this time don’t put anything odd into pen drive. This might makes installation problem. Hence try this and perform simple installation task. It works in right direction.

Windows 8 is snappy. The touch screen worked perfectly, the resolution was set right if you run these windows 8 onto your tablet. If it gives any problem then I think you definitely makes some mistake to do this installation process. In such cases, either you need to do reinstallation or install any other compatible OS onto it.

The windows 8 developer preview is a beta version and for your information this is the OS that can’t be guaranty that it works always correct even we used proper installation instruction. This is not full version and hence we can only try to install these windows 8. For more information about this installation you can contact the Acer tablet official site. Experts provide you correct guidance about this issue.

HI,
    i have installed Win8 32bit on my iconia and all works fine except the G-Sensor (Accelerometer).
    Installng the original Win7 driver the screen rotate well but none of others applications recognize the accelerometer.
    Anyone has reached to get it working ???