Thread: Bugs in windows phone 7 mango

Bugs in windows phone 7 mango

I have recently bought the windows 7 mango and after using it for 2 weeks I have came across a no of bugs in the phone I mean I have found that when you slide the keyboard then the phone is unlocked but then the light of the keyboard button does not comes at a instant as compared to that of the other phones and when you turn it on then it hardly stays for 5 seconds I mean they should at least stay for the time the display is having the backlight. I have also found that the when you tap on the power button in order to see the time than you don’t get the time instantly. Is there anyone who has noticed other bugs in the phone and will like to share it with us? Any suggestion for this will be appreciated.

Re: Bugs in windows phone 7 mango

I am not sure if these are the bugs but my findings are as followed:
    • I think that the Resolution of the "card view" applications are not that good and I think that when you hit them then it appears as if it screencaps the application and after that it goes in the card view
    • The Search button in the Marketplace does not actually redirect you to the marketplace.
    • When I try to delete the Emails from my Gmail account using the phone then they are not actually deleted from the server.
    • There are no custom notification, alert and alarm tones even though they have allowed to custom ringtones
    • The quality of the audio just changes when we hit the 'search' button after which we are redirected to the Bing interface but after closing the Bing it regains the quality of the audio.
    • The Zune skips the text and it also fails to capitalize the text which I enter for searching from the homescreen

I have found the following bugs:
    • The quality of the Multitasking thumbnails does not seems to be static
    • The sound of the songs automatically go low when we use the Search fields.
    • It takes a long time to load images
    • I have also experienced that the phone reboots Sometimes even though I am trying to power it off
    • I have found that when you receive an Emails without subject than the email is specified are threaded I don’t know why.
    • I am missing my twitter contacts
    • I have to dig in order to see the images which I receive in emails because it does not show it directly.
    • I have also noticed that the Autocorrection for Spanish and some other language is not that well as compared to the Autocorrection for English

I have found that the internet explorer interface is taking more time to switch to the other pages as well as the tabs and I am really getting irritated because of this I think that if they are not able to get this work fast for us then they would have added a function like taskbar at least in order to get rid of this application when we get stuck somewhere because I really hate rebooting the phone for such kinds of problem. I really did not expected them to change the XBox live background I think that the new background is not that good and they have also made it so small to raed what is written. They should have also added the functionality of using bluetooth headphones while pl;aying videos ans we don’t jhave to use an attachment for this.

Yes even I think that the autocorrect function is not satisfying I really want a way to modify it where we could have turn it off when we don’t actually need it. It really does not capitalize the first letter some times and it gives symbols for some word when you text someone and the words and if they are offensive and I really don’t think that there was a need for it. They have also not provided the ability to check the wifi signal strength an all because this was really a need to keep the track of the signal while browsing or downloading something I have been facing signal drops out a no of times and because of which I have to turn my data connections to avoid the risk of burning through. I have also experienced that the Virtual keyboard drops out when I am typing something in it.

Even I have found some of them and they are as followed:
    • I dont know why they have limited the text to 160.
    • It fails to capitalize the first letter when we are typing or texting
    • The backlight of the keyboard gets dims after 5 seconds.
    • Opening other tabs in the internet explorer is just worst as it just gets too slow
    • There should have been a separate volume for the media and the Ringer.
    • The Facebook notifications are not getting marked as read even though you read it from "ME" hub and even through the Facebook appication.

I have found that when you enter the “Albums" and then when you navigate to the "People" we are not able to comment on those photos I don’t know why they have not provided us this feature.I have heard that "pressing and holding" the tile icon helps in deleting but then when I am doing the same then I am just pinned to the "Start".If you want to delete any note than there should have been a option of deleting then directly by clicking on its icon but there we have to enter it in order to delete it which doe not make any sense.

What I have found is that when I am opening a message then and then if i I slide the keyboard out to text then it automatically opens the portrait virtual keyboard and after that it closes it and then flips it to landscape I mean that why have they made it so complex and I really hate when I get the message that the message is to long I mean that how can they limit the text to 160 characters I have found this restriction in the old models but really did not expected it to be here.

I have noticed that when I am playing a song on my phone and if I am using a Bluetooth headset then I am very well able to hear the song but then when I am playing some kind of video then I am not able to hear the audio of it from the Bluetooth headset and I have to disconnect it and then play it in the speaker I really find this logic senseless I mean when they are allowing to hear the song s then why are they not allowing us to hear the audio of the videos. I really hope that they come with a fix for this in their update as soon as possible and I have also experienced that the sound here is lower than that I use to get in the NoDo

I am not facing the problem when I hit the screen in order to see the time and I am able to get the time instantly without any problem but I am really hating the search button which is just redirecting me to some other site rather than directing to the market place and the other problem that I have is that I am not able to receive the facebook notifications instantly sometimes I get then and sometimes I don’t know why it does not show up.

I have found the following to be really a bug in this phone:
    • Opening other Tabs while browsing is really taking a lot of time
    • The OTA podcasts is just not working by now
    • The Battery life does not seems to match what it was specified for I mean it drains out very quickly