Thread: symbian ANNA or symbian belle to nokia c6

symbian ANNA or symbian belle to nokia c6

Hi, I have recently purchased a mobile as I have mentioned in the title itself but still having very older version of operating system in the mobile and wanted to install any newer one such as either anna OS or another one that’s belle! But still I am quite confused whether which one would be better to install, because though belle is upgraded version after anna but I have heard about so many complaint and that’s why I confused about updating the firmware, any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: symbian ANNA or symbian belle to nokia c6

Well, I would say haven’t had a chance to essentially try out Symbian Belle yet, but it seems understandable even at this stage that it's a extremely more bigger step forward than Symbian Anna is, which is immense news certainly. In stipulations of headline enhancements, Symbian Anna offers an good-looking new icon design and fonts, a enhanced web browser plus updates to other Nokia services, a portrait-style QWERTY keyboard and split-screen text entry.

I’ve tried out a escaped edition of Symbian Belle on my Nokia N8, and so far it runs wonderfully on the additional scanty processing power of the Nokia N8. But still there are still a few bugs to sort out, thus It would be better if you just install anna and wait till all the bugs gets resolved.

Symbian Anna is the name for Symbian^3 PR2 whereas Symbian Belle is the name of the next update, and is a significantly superior update than Anna, with lots of UI changes. Both utilizes the similar Symbian operating system, although Belle will have more updates. Most apps should be able to run on Symbian^3, Symbian Anna and Symbian Belle phones.

But as far as my personal opinion is concern I would always prefer belle since Symbian Belle offers a repetition of the number of home screens you can work with, the preface of more supple home screen widgets in numerous dissimilar size, a wide range of NFC capabilities (though that will of course depend on your phone itself being NFC-enabled, which of the present choice only the Nokia C7 is as the extent to I know), a latest status bar which takes a precise drop-down approach to notifications, active real-time multitasking previews and a lock screen that demonstrates extra feature, such as incoming texts and missed calls.

Its is been exclusively depends on yourself whether to install which OS in your mobile, why don’t you visit the service center and let them suggest you any among this two!

I haven’t tried belle yet but still with the anna OS I am quite satisfied with the performance and I have listed some of the good feature of the operating system that you can see below:

faster Browser: The Symbian Anna comes with a faster Browser with enhanced page load time and navigation. Browsing is more fun and effortless to exercise.

NFC integration: Near Field communication hardware on Nokia C7 now gets activated by the Symbian Anna OS, the only thing you need to have is a NFC compatible device.

Nokia Maps enhancement: Maps and direction-finding has been enhanced. Nokia Maps on Symbian Anna come with fresh and improved search features, with public moving ways etc.

I would always stick with the anna as I have just installed Symbian Anna on my Nokia E7 and Nokia N8 and it looks like a immense update particularly the browser, faster and more stable then the other operating system that you are comparing with it. Thus I hope you must be understood what could be my recommendation.

I have installed this belle and really it is a immense product they have ever made, Belle offers 6 home screens and the preceding siblings of Symbian have 3 home screens only. Together with this Widgets have been redesigned and are at the present obtainable in five dissimilar sizes. Widgets can be reorganized to make whole bespoke home screen. Belle has taken a efficient approach to notifications through a pull down notification tab that integrates general setting, notification for incoming messages, missed calls, as mentioned above. But still the most important thing that Belle has introduced is a toggle widget for one touch operation of Bluetooth, profile, Wi-Fi, etc. moreover to this lock screen is vigorous in Symbian Belle. It will tell about missed calls, incoming message, and the one that I liked the most is like we can add colored wallpaper as to lock screen.

Though belle is good but I would like to recommend you to install anna only, because as far as I know belle is good with particular devices only such as the Nokia 600, Nokia 603, Nokia 700, and Nokia 701.

after seeing all such replies and suggestion seems that it would be better to update anna OS only at present. But really can we expect any patches for the same? And off course thanks for the above suggestion guys, in fact I was about to install the firmware from the service center itself because actually I don’t know what is the procedure to update the phone firmware and by the way please let me know if suppose we update the firmware on our own then will it void the warranty for the phone, I am hoping as I am wrong.