Thread: Nokia N97 wont auto lock

Nokia N97 wont auto lock

Hi, I am a former user of Nokia N97 and never ever gotten any such problem with the device ever yet but still don’t know since last 1 week I am having problem with the auto lock feature in the phone as whenever I set the time for the auto lock for example if I set it to 1 minutes it just won’t lock the phone with that time and the locking procedure done on its own.

Actually this is happening only after i updated the software to 30.0.004.290.02 version, but everything was just perfect before I have updated to this version. Anyways let it be just tell me how do get rid out of it? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Nokia N97 wont auto lock

Yeah you are correct as the firmware version that you have mentioned in the question is faulty, and when I had tried the same thing I was also having same problem with my phone and thus I am just regretting for the same. But still I am using this unlocking feature manually and that’s the only option left I think with the phone and would suggest you the same thing as you should also make use of manual locking and unlocking.

I think you guys are unaware as there could be some sort of solution as well for any such problem rather them keeping them that way only. Anyways have you ever tried resetting the firmware installed in the phone if not then I would like to suggest you that you can try to reset the firmware of your mobile that you have installed currently.

As there are two ways for doing this so you should always try with the soft resetting but if that doesn’t help you the way you have expected then you can simply try with the hard resetting as well. But before proceeding towards this procedure make sure that you have backup each and everything from the mobile so that you can recover it if something went wrong during the process, and be aware as all the data from the mobile will be wiped out and you’ll get the restored data only.

I am quite agree with the above user, but if you are willing to do that then should try reinstall the firmware as well, because it might be possible that the firmware you have installed is corrupted and that’s why you must be having this problem.

I was also having similar problem in the mobile when I had installed the same version in my mobile but after reinstalling them as well I got the same problem with the firmware and that’s why I have just back to the original firmware which I have gotten with the phone when I had bought it.

Though you can try all the above mentioned suggestions but still if suppose you are still having same problem with the phone then this is the surest way of getting the rid out of your mobile, because after doing that I am not having any problem with the phone.

contact service center for the same but according to me as well there is some problem with the firmware only that you have installed otherwise all thing are perfect with the phone.