Thread: Is there any New WP7 phone with Slide-out QWERTY in the market

Is there any New WP7 phone with Slide-out QWERTY in the market

I am willing to buy a windows phone 7 and I am looking for a Slide-out QWERTY one and I am looking for a slider one because I have a habit of using BB and by now I am also very much comfortable in using the same so I just wanted to know that which are the windows phone 7 that will fit in my needs. Is there anyone who has been using a phone like this and is aware of the latest windows 7 phone having my desired feature? Any suggestion for this will be appreciated.

Re: Is there any New WP7 phone with Slide-out QWERTY in the market

I have recently heard that there will be a phone called Dell Wrigley but I am not sure about it as I have also heard that it is a rumor so you can check about it but I have found it was supposed to have the following specs:
    • 4" WVGA (480 x 800) touch screen
    • 1GHz processor
    • 8MP camera
    • Wi-Fi and bluetooth

I have got the HTC arrive and though it is not the latest I think that this is one of the best and I am really happy having it so I will suggest you the same. Just take a look at it specification:
    • Phone System: CDMA2000 1XEV-DOFrequency: 3G. CDMA200 1XEVDO 800/1900
    • Platform: Windows Phone 7
    • Storage: RAM: 448MB
    • 5 megapixel camera
    • Battery: 1500 mAh, Rechargeable lithium-ion, talk time: 360mins; standby time: 420hs.
    • Bluetooth, Wifi/WAPI
    • Business function, flight mode,Voice order,To-Do/Tasks

I think that HTC Prime will be a good option I am willing to get this soon as of know I am bored of using the BB. The HTC Prime is having a windows phone 7 operating system and it has a side slider with a 3.7 inch display and it is a touch screen phone as well it also has a 1000 MHz processor and 512 ram with 5 megapixel camera and led flash with Bluetooth. It has phone book features like Unlimited entries, Caller groups, Multiple numbers per contact, Search by both first and last name, Picture ID, Ring ID and organizer features like Calendar, Alarm (Office 2007, Office 2003, PDF), Document viewer, Calculator with messaging features like SMS, MMS, Predictive text input.

I am having LG Quantum and it is just great to have I think that even you will like it just check the below specification of the LG Quantum:
    • Operating system-Windows phone 7
    • It is a touchscreen phone and has Light sensor as well as Proximity sensor.
    • It has a 1000 MHz processor with a 512 MB RAM and in built memory of 16384 MB.
    • It has a 5 megapixel camera with led flash
    • And it has phone book feature like Unlimited entries Caller groups, Multiple numbers per contact, Search by both first and last name, Picture ID, Ring ID
    • Organizer such as Calendar, Alarm (Office 2007, Office 2003), To-Do, Document viewer, Calculator
    • Bluetooth and wifi

You can check out the Dell Venue Pro as well:
    • OS- Windows Phone 7
    • CPU-1 GHz processor, Adreno 200 GPU, Qualcomm QSD8250 Snapdragon chipset
    • 8/16 GB internal storage and 512 MB RAM
    • Vertical slider for QWERTY keyboard
    • Bluetooth and wifi
    • 5 megapixel camera with led flash

All the above phones are not the latest and the Dell Wrigley is basically a rumor and I am saying this because there has not been any kind of official discussion for this in any forum or article but the LG Quantum and the HTC arrive is really a good choice but then if you want to have the latest than I think that you will have to wait because I have been visiting a no of sites to get phones as you are asking for but then I have found that most of the manufacturer are now concentrating on making the phone slim and trim and because of which it is likely not possible for them to add a slider to it there are some phones which are described above but then I have not seen any option in the latest ones.

As far as I know the LG Quantum is having very less stock so you will have to look for its availability and I have heard that the Microsoft's is not interested in qwerty slider and all and they don’t want to come up with slide out keyboard and they are focusing more on optimizing the landscape view for things like Messaging and Internet Explorer so I think that they are concentrating more on the slim and bigger display rather than having a thin one with qwerty slider and all.