Thread: No OVI maps installed in Nokia X3

No OVI maps installed in Nokia X3

Hi, I have nokia x3 but one thing that I am confused about the mobile is like do this mobile has OVI maps service available or not? Because when I purchased the phone I didn’t get any such Map installed in the phone, but after seeing that I just visited the official site for the same and from there only I came to know that with my Nokia X3 Ovi Maps is pre-installed but the actual thing is like i can't find this application anywhere on my X3 and for this I have sent almost many messages to Nokia regarding the same but still they didn’t got any response from their side. Any idea where can I download and install this application on my phone.

Re: No OVI maps installed in Nokia X3

Yeah you are right actually as the application is preinstalled with the phone itself but still have you ever deleted the application by mistakenly? Or else how is it possible that the application is not there In the phone, I am also using the same phone and I have gotten the application installed in the phone from the day I have bought this mobile.

I have same opinion as the above user but still as far as Maps are concern have you ever tried to download them from the OVI ??

If not then you should try to download it from here.

When I been to their official website that’s the OVI from where we can download those MAPs I got the answer as the maps are not available for my device, though I think it is available. Anyways thanks for the suggestion.

See the mobile that you are having that’s X3 is a s40 device and in that’s you cannot install Ovi Maps. s40 devices can only acquire maps if it’s firmware embedded.

I would like to recommend you that you should try to update the firmware of your phone so that you can figure out whether the newer version firmware has capability to support this maps or not but always remember that firmware update is necessary for sure,

If you are not aware how to do that you can simply visit the service center for the same, and I think that would rather finest way.

Exactly was about to suggest you the same thing as you should try to reinstall the latest firmware in your mobile, as from my own experience I have noticed that upgrading to V8.40 removed Maps but after upgrading to V8.50 installed the Maps in my NokiaX3.