Thread: How to recover from failed firmware update in Nokia mobile

How to recover from failed firmware update in Nokia mobile

Hi, I am having Nokia X3-02 mobile and when I was doing software update to the phone I was getting error and the NSU was getting freeze at that time don’t know exactly what could be the problem, I mean to say whether it is because of the software that I am using or because of the phone I am using. Anyways just leave it but the weird thing is like my mobile is not getting started however as there isn’t any firmware installed in the phone, how to make a recovery after such failure during the update? Badly need suggestion, any would be appreciated.

Re: How to recover from failed firmware update in Nokia mobile

Why don’t you try to update the firmware again, I am not sure whether it will work or not but seems that it could also one of the way same as we do with the windows installation in the PC.

I was also having the same problem with the phone once and I got this solution to be worked and that’s why I would like to suggest you the same. The first thing to attempt is to get rid of the phones battery and leave it out for at least five to ten minutes. at the same time as doing this get the chance to restart your computer in case you require it to help with recovery.

at this instant re-insert the battery and attempt to switch your phone back on. If it works then all is fine but before trying to update once more there are number of things you require to ensure. Make sure that your computer is fully up to date including the most recent service pack and immobilize all non-essential programs that are running. Also immobilize any antivirus and anti spyware if you have installed any in your machine.

If removing the battery unsuccessful to make it work then get ready your computer as mentioned above and run the NSU(Nokia Software Updater) again. go behind all instructions and prompts that it gives you cautiously as it may offer to recover your phone. If it doesn't try various combinations of connecting your phone even as it's switched on, off and also attempt removing and reinserting the battery whilst it's connected. Ensure you wait in between each try to confer the NSU time to identify the phone.

completely agree with the above user but still as you are about to recover the mobile’s firmware but my recommendation is like you should not recover it rather you can try to reinstall the OS in your phone.

Hey thanks for the suggestion and I have tried it as well but nothing seems to be working again, any more solution left?

I think here now you can have only one option, as the next thing to attempt is a hard resetting the phone but let me tell you as this method only applies to S60 smartphones with keypads and strictly not with touch screens.

• first of all switch off the phone and hold down the following three buttons that’s Green , * button, and '3' button.

• whilst holding these buttons, seize the power button for a couple of second to switch on the phone.

• Free it while the phone shows the nokia logo or shows other signs of life like the language selection screen. And then see whether the phone gets started or not and let me remind you as tt may take a few attempts and very supple fingers efforts as well.

I used to suggest people to go to service center if you wanted to make any changes in the phone until and unless they are well aware about all the process comprise in the procedure. Because I have seen so many people having same problem with their phone and they are not even able to get it work again after such failure. But still I would suggest you the same thing as if you are not aware what you should do now then at that time it would be better if you visit the service center rather than applying solutions on your own. And as far as service charge is concern I think it seems that the mobile couldn’t be so older but still if you have warranty period remain for the device you’ll get all the services for free otherwise you may have to pay for that.

I think the only thing left is to visit the service center as mentioned above, anyways thanks for the above suggestions.