Thread: How to transfer large files to the USB internal storage on Sony Tablet S

How to transfer large files to the USB internal storage on Sony Tablet S

I have work on Sony Tablet S tablet pc and I use this for the internet surfing as well as playing video games. Now my problem here is that last week I done downloading task onto it. The file size is nearly 4.3GB and I want to store it to the USB internal storage device. I need this task but when I try this then I got message that you can only transfer data around 4.3GB. The error message also says that the device has stopped responding. Then please help me to fix this issue. Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: How to transfer large files to the USB internal storage on Sony Tablet S

You can only transfer up to 2 GB on a fat32-drive. The maximum possible size for a file on a FAT32 volume is 4 GB minus 1 byte. Need ntfs for more. Hence if you need to do this task then in that case, you can use this NTFS onto your system. Hence try this simple thing and check what happen onto your tablet pc. NTFS is the most eligible format that can be easily do this task. Hence try this combination and check the result onto your tablet. I hope it work in right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by TamaraAce View Post
    You can only transfer up to 2 GB on a fat32-drive. The maximum possible size for a file on a FAT32 volume is 4 GB minus 1 byte. Need ntfs for more. Hence if you need to do this task then in that case, you can use this NTFS onto your system. Hence try this simple thing and check what happen onto your tablet pc. NTFS is the most eligible format that can be easily do this task. Hence try this combination and check the result onto your tablet. I hope it work in right direction.
    The same kind of problem appears on my system. Then I do the formatting task on this internal storage device. I do this formatting using NTFS file system. After finishing this process, I got correct result. Hence if you want to do large file transferring task then try this process. It works in your tablet pc.

FAT 32 file system has to be applied 4 GB minus 1 byte limit onto this internal storage device. Hence there is large file transferring (which is greater than 4Gb) problem arrives onto this FAT 32 file system. You need NTFS file system. Video applications, large databases, and some other software easily extend this limit and hence you necessary to do either FAT32 file system formatting onto your internal storage, if you want to do this process. then do this task using the proper process. it will be work onto your system and then only you can able to transfer large file to usb internal storage.

You can also use the external Hard Disk. This time make sure that the file system onto this external HD is to be NTFS. Hence try to get such disk and then connect it to your tablet. Then only you can transfer such files directly to this internal storage.

A free Windows-based FAT32 formatter is available that overcomes many of the arbitrary limitations imposed by Microsoft. This is the third party file system and it will be work to well to do such task. Hence try this and see what happen onto your system . then you need to either use the third party application or something else onto your tablet. Then only you got the correct result onto your tab. This is necessary if you think to transfer files to internal; storage.

Sony includes a file transfer application that makes it easy to transfer files from flash drives and SD cards to internal storage. You need to find out this application onto your mobile phone. Possibly android OS help to you for moving this large file. Android helps the android market that works to provide this type of application. Hence try to do this process and check result onto your tablet. I hope that this time you got correct application and it works to fix your file transferring task.

The USB port is used for transferring files directly to the tablet’s internal memory, in this case 16GB. Hence as per the transferring problem it doesn’t related to the USB port. The problem is completely related to the application. You need to find out best application that works on your tablet. You can take help of the official site expert person. There is several experts work onto official site that have knowledge about this issue. Hence try to get such information and as per the recommended application you need to install and use it for file transferring process.