Thread: Having trouble with keypad Lock/Unlock in Nokia C3-01Touch and Type

Having trouble with keypad Lock/Unlock in Nokia C3-01Touch and Type

Hi, I am having Nokia C3-01Touch and Type mobile from last 4 months and everything was just working fine but since yesterday I am having problem with mobile’s keypad as whenever I try to lock\unlock It won’t respond at all and the mobile behaves just sluggish. Any idea what could be the problem? Is this problem associated with any hardware? Because see I am quite unaware whether there is some problem with the hardware or with the software. Any suggestion for resolving this would be appreciated.

Re: Having trouble with keypad Lock/Unlock in Nokia C3-01Touch and Type

Yeah there could be some problem with the hardware, but still as I am also unsure about it thus I can’t say whether there is some problem with the hardware and software. According to me, it would be better if you test your mobile for the same so that you can have idea whether there is some problem or not and thus, you can have possible fix for the same.

well, as mentioned above there could be any problem with the phone but still have you tried battery pulling because I have seen this could be quite help in most of the cases and almost so many people have gotten solution with this method. This is also called as battery calibration, you just have to drain the battery till its last charge and then remove it from the mobile and after sometime put it back to the phone and then see what happens.

why do not you reset the phone firmware, because I think there could be the only problem, since I am also using the same phone and at the extent t o I know the phone comprises very good hardware thus I am sure there shouldn’t be any problem with the hardware for sure.

I hope you must be aware, as there are two different techniques through which you can reset the firmware and that’s soft resetting the hardware and hard reset. Let me give you some short description about those procedures as with soft resetting only the setting will be wiped out and previous setting would be restored to the device, and with hard resetting all the thing will be wiped out from the cell.

It would be better it you first take a backup of significant data and then only carry on with any of the procedure.

Have you ever tried reinstalling the software yet? Because I have started causing this problem after updating the firmware of the phone and because of that swipe function, I am having this problem with the phone, in fact I would say the touch button was quite good before this swipe!

I was also having the same problem with my Nokia X3-02 but after such huge approach I came to know that there were some problem with the phones hardware.

Actually the phone’s touchpad was not working perfectly, and the surface was been so messy and because of that only the mobile was not getting input from the user, so this could be the only problem if you concern the hardware according to me.

you should try to update the firmware of your mobile so that you can have idea whether there is any glitch with the software or there is some other problem?

Why don’t you visit service center dude, because you have mentioned that you have purchased it before some months only thus there isn’t any issue with the warranty period of the device and that’s why you’ll surely get some solution for this from there without paying any amount to them. But have you ever dropped the mobile from the height or something like that?

Because see if there could be any physical damage done to the mobile then I don’t think you’ll get any service for free since they have certain terms and conditions according to which we can claim the warranty for the device and will get proper service.