Thread: MMS settings on Windows Phone

MMS settings on Windows Phone

Will you be capable to alter MMS settings on top of Nokia Windows Phones? Its my sympathetic that WP does not allow you alter them. Will Nokia encompass a workaround? Not having that ability is a gigantic disadvantage for the reason that you won't be capable to employ picture messaging taking place the service provider of your option.

Re: MMS settings on Windows Phone

Where exactly do I find the "receiving data"? I have tried the following:
    • Settings> Mobile> Data Connection = A
    • Settings> Mobile> Data Roaming = no & roaming (but I am anyway in the home network)
    • Settings> Mobile> 3G connection = A

MMS still says failed ... / Repeat.

Fields is important to write in capital letters as appropriate. MMS Configuration steps:
    • Start -> Settings -> Connections Tab -> Connections Icon -> Advanced tab, then click on "Select. Networks."
    • Where sets for programs with automatic Internet connection, click New.
    • In the name for this configuration we have to put the following information: MMS YOIGO
    • Pressed in the Modem tab and click New.
    • In selecting a modem has to put line (GPRS, UMTS).
    • For the name you can write: MMS YOIGO

I've been reading and researching a bit and I found the reason for cutting the count of characters in the sms, it is due to rich text, it appears that use of punctuation, accents and characters special, make a reduction in the count of the characters in the SMS. I checked already. What I still cannot solve is the configuration of the MMS.

Let the network operator send You MMS configuration settings via SMS. You only need to open the SMS and then it is easy to store. Then, the data should have been taken by your mobile network operator. Data transfer should be in your mobile phone but as MMS goes through the (internet) data stream. Since you're a telecom and mobile is also Telekom, it should work properly.

The problem occurs only exposed using a different SIM from the operator that sells the phone, mind you, this thing does not specify the phone during the sale, leaving the customer in the bitter surprise of finding a phone is not SIM-locked but definitely semi-locked. This is because Windows Phone 7 Microsoft has decided to hide the parameters for management of MMS, including those of the WAP, the appointing authority and so on, so users do not care about anything having to set up and simplifying their lives.

It should be noted that Windows Phone 7 integrates its own auto-configuration mechanism called ADC (which stands for Automatic Data Configuration), which is activated only at the very first power of the smartphone and the subsequent changes SIM, this is because the new Windows phones are not designed for those who use more SIM card on the same (perhaps for being always connected to the network).

It should come as any provider able to send the required settings automatically via OTA SMS.

It seems as if it were up to me now finally also. At least I was able to successfully send an MMS today. When I set up the Telmap navigation, I had to forcibly return a bit to play around with the settings and have probably accidentally found the right combination. I've chosen now o2 postpaid APN in the connection wizard and consequently no longer registered. Let's see whether it holds.

Just got the feeling that we're all a little bit of talking past each other. So yes I've ever written down, that in ancient rome Windows phone 7 a manual activation of the marketplace had to be done with the chevron and then the activation code windows live id on the ms. One access to the internet (via provider) and thus also of the send mms is imho requires the activation and the activation. IMHO MMS and SMS settings have nothing to do with each other, since sms goes over a certain phone number and mms settings on the apn. I use the rom twilight and had to make any settings. ms after the input of the codes I was immediately on the Internet and all Internet-access services.