Thread: Customizing icons on TomTom GO 2535 M Live

Customizing icons on TomTom GO 2535 M Live

Perhaps the question looks a bit stupid, but I am now really looking for a way to find the answer for this. I want to know to modify icons in TomTom GO 2535 M Live. I am not able to find the right icons for this. I found some pictures on a forum where a user has used his on customized icon. Can anyone tell me how this works.

Re: Customizing icons on TomTom GO 2535 M Live

I found a a solution on this by looking out on various threads on internet. It is possible to have your own icons on the device. But I am not sure that it works or not. For that you will need to test the same a couple of time. There is also a requirement for this. the POIs are composed of a file ov2 and bmp. The default size should be 22px. By changing the size of the bmp file, remember that it will not work. But by adding a second bmp file at the end with a size of 44px it seems that it works properly. If you have lots of POI, you can take Xnview to convert the image size, and to add the end of all files bmp. This method looks a bit complicated but this is the only solution I found. I tried searching for some kind fo tool that can show me how to modify the icons of tom tom. There are no such tools. I also does not way to restore the old icons in tomtom. So if you are doing anything of your own then take care before making anykind of major changes.

It is possible via POI editors can be found on internet. There are various tools that can help you to modify the pois and then properly install in the device.

Yes with the help of pois editor you can modify the files of TomTom and put back. This are the gps data files which should be modified properly or else you will not be able to see proper indications in your map. I am listing some of the tools that can help you for this process.
    • POI Manager : This is simple to use tool which is a powerful poi editor. You can also see a preview of the same. You can update and modify your existing poi file also.
    • POI Edit : This is another tol which [provides you option to edit the world maps.
    • POI Expert : This is for those who are advance users and want to modify the online GPX and LMX files.
    • Other than thsi there are various converters also which helps you to modify the files.