Thread: Unable to use entire 16 GB internal memory in HTC amaze 4g

Unable to use entire 16 GB internal memory in HTC amaze 4g

– Hi, I am a HTC amaze 4g owner, as I have bought the phone before some days and everything seems fine except one thing that’s the internal memory of the phone, and I think as the extent to I know in this phone there is total 16GB internal memory isn’t it? I have read somewhere about the same. Anyways the thing is like when I look at the phone storage it says 9.75gb total and internal store 2gb. I am not getting what is this, why I am not getting the memory capacity which is been promised?

do here also some desire z / g2 kind a thing, in other words having 4gb of memory but only 1.5gb user accessible or something like that. Though we can understand over here, but what nonsense how 5 GB can be for system usage? Any suggestion what is happening?

Re: Unable to use entire 16 GB internal memory in HTC amaze 4g

yup exactly I am also having same problem with the phone, don’t know where Is other memory space, what is the actual thing which is utilizing this all memory?

I think there could be some problem with the device, I know some space is been used by the operating system but still the one you have mentioned is quite lesser than the expected. I don’t think all this space will be occupied by the phone itself. Have you tried resetting the phone firmware yet? If not then I would like to recommend you that you should try to reset the firmware of your mobile first and then see what happens, because I have see so many people have this problem with their phone. I am not sure as the solution will surely going to help you but still what wrong trying?

- I am not sure about this, have you seen on the official website, or simply are your sure whether the memory is 16 GB or not, anyways you can check it here.

if you are keep getting the same problem then I think you should try to reinstall the firmware in your mobile again, or why don’t you visit the service center, because I think the fact would be come to understand very well from there only rather than this way, because though there are many users but none of them have proper information about the same I mean to say whether the phone has how much memory and what is the usage with user accessible memory. I would like to recommend you that you should try to visit the service center or simply you can visit their official site and ask to their supportive team.

I think you guys are not aware yet, but I would say all the suggestion mentioned above is quite worthless because let me tell you as the memory that we are not able to get it access is been actually used by the operating system and other system stuff, which is I know quite worst to know.

Actually it is theoretically 16 Gb... Then they partition for the Operating System and read only files. All storage devices are the same way.

They could have advertised 10 gb and be a little more realistic, isn’t it? Anyways thanks for the suggestion.

I opened a ticket with HTC regarding this issue. Below is their response:

We certainly understand wanting to make the most of the memory on your HTC Amaze 4G. The space listed on the box and in advertisements is the total storage capacity of the phone, and in fact does exist in the phone. The majority of the space is being used to make sure your phone is running at optimal performance levels and therefore not available to access. If you require more space, you can use a MicroSD Card to add media and other files.
    So basically they are admitting that they lied to us. One of the selling points for me was the fact that this phone came with such a phenomenal amount of on-board storage. Now I find out what I get to use is only 75% of what was advertised. I've been bamboozled. It's not going to stand. I'm tired of big companies lying and taking advantage of the little guy. I worked hard for the $260 I had to shell out for this thing, I damn well better be getting the storage that I paid for. If someone bought a phone with only 4GB of on-board storage, would they get to use none of it and owe HTC 3GB? Not cool, HTC, not cool at all. I'm going to find out of the Samsung Galaxy SII sees its entire advertised 16GB and if so, the Amaze may very well be going back. Too bad, too, cuz it's a nice phone.