Thread: Are Slates really usable for taking lots of notes?

Are Slates really usable for taking lots of notes?

Hello friends, I have a lot of handwritten notes for my work. Since there are a number of windows looking / pencil on the boards that appear - for example, Samsung Slate 7 - I wonder if taking notes on a screen is a comfortable experience. It will be written directly on the screen to be uncomfortable or tired after a while? How does it compare to writing on paper? (Or even something like the Livescribe pen?) Any person who has experience of taking a lot of notes on a blackboard (or tablet), I'd love to hear your comments. So kindly give it. Thank you.

re: Are Slates really usable for taking lots of notes?

It's totally comfortable, like the paper on a desk. The viewing angles are great allowing everyone to see what he has written. And there are great advantages. For example, I can take a picture of the board and place it on the OneNote page. I can do text search. I can organize by topic and insert and delete more easily than in a notebook. I can embed links to related articles.

You might be able to find some of the problems with the Tablet and also with the application which is as follows:
    • Tablet is more in weight than a laptop. My Fujitsu T5010 is 5.5 pounds with the battery compartment. You'll have fewer problems with two pounds of the 7 Series. On the other hand, I am able to skip some sessions in the gym.
    • You cannot easily write small notes in the margins without messing with the zoom. I personally never do this but anyway I do not know his real name could be Pierre de Fermat or something.
    • Battery life: To get the answer, you must configure the high-performance PC; for example, dim the screen or going to sleep every 5 minutes. However, there is no load in the middle of a long meeting and will have to resort to paper, which sucks.
    • Boot: Sitting there for a minute whereas your machine boots and loads the program to take notes is shameful. SSD and Windows 8 should greatly alleviate this problem.
    • Picking up a pen and write on the screen. If you are a crazy sort of absent-minded professor and this is likely, get a screen saver. I've never had that happen to me (well, I mistakenly picked up a pen before, but realized that when I was in my hand).
    • Get a special Wacom pen if you are concerned in writing a more practical knowledge. I like the felt nibs, but leave behind a residue light, as the wear. Thinking back to the pens by default now.

Oh, and if the meeting is open air, for some reason, be sure to get an outdoor screen, you can see, of course. So you can get the screen for the tablet which would be the best and also good for you.

Please do yourself a huge favor and do not even think of the Samsung 7 Series board (the size of the screen is bad, and the feature ratio of 16:9 is the worst thing that can get now because it is very preventive dammed!) Although a common Machine slower, but it's perfect for taking notes, and can live either with the need to buy a new battery (looks like $ 30-50 is the rate for that) net you 4 hours of actual use, or carry a power adapter with you and keep most of the time, then I say get yourself a Tablet PC looks for more very cheap ($ 100-250), for example, M1400 motion as if on Saturday and has an impressive screen simply Hydis has an excellent aspect ratio 4: 3 (IMO better than my 2730p screen Hydis, especially for notes), and no fan is a list (can run a little hot at times, but it is a silent device), which has a cool keyboard dock Flex Base options

There are many other applications available on the internet and you will be able to get them and also the slate is good and also I have used it is an average application to use.

To take notes and use, even common, the number one item is the excellence of the screen so be sure to get a Tablet PC with a screen made by Hydis and make the best screens are wonderful looking under normal conditions, including air free and quite good (so the color, brightness, contrast and viewing angles [including that the angles and to what extent is the changing light, changing color, clarity and when it falls off-screen Hydis These are all excellent), the second most important is the accuracy of the Wacom pen (and what I've seen the 4:03 aspect ratio screens have an almost perfect accuracy, while the 16:10 aspect ratio screens tend to have accuracy, over the edge a little bad 0.25 "-. 5" from the pen will not track / write with precision - and the new 16:09 aspect ratio screens have an abysmal accuracy at the edges, something like 5 "-1" which is evil, and when we add the screen size is much smaller and has a writing area is very limited) I'm not saying you cannot get a Series 7 board (or even his stupid X220t screen 16:9), but the best screen (quality and aspect ratio) + the best accuracy of the pen can be found in most devices like the X61 4:03 Tablet Lenovo, Motion LE1600 LE1700 M1400, HP TC1100, and so on. .. will be a little slow for standard things, similar to web browsing and video games best quality playback, if you maximum your System RAM and maybe invest in a SSD then it will be an excellent device, but not the device faster or more beautiful on the block, but not a great horse for less work, and at a cheap price

I have been using different tablet over a year, most of which was an absolute pen and replacement of paper to take notes in college, I used a few sheets of paper and only for the things you need to become, no other paper was used by me, especially not for the notes ... is not for everyone, but for those who can be patient, sometimes, and are willing to try new things after a Tablet PC is an excellent device to test

I am a total novice when it comes to tablets that never had one before and have been to come to turn out to be slates / less weight. But as you point out, the trade is the screen ratio of the poor and in a number of cases the quality of the screen. I doubt if the 10.1 "screen size type, say, Samsung 7 and Fujitsu Q550 have enough screen real estate to add notes to the margins of PDF files or add comments to files of the word. Although my main concern with the previous models is its weight, and having to bear the celebration of them seem difficult in comparison with the latest lists of lightweight? More tablets also use Win-8 on the horizon; older machines are can run the operating system?

Re: Are Slates really usable for taking lots of notes?

I used a tablet all the way through both my undergraduate and graduate students. So far, the HP 2710p tablet has been my favorite. I hate not having a mouse pad, but other than that is a great machine. I can get 5 hours while taking into account not on a single charge. Written on the HP 2710p does not feel as natural as it felt in my old door? However, this weight 2710p near anything that is a blessing ... If I were you, I would have one of the boards or a Motion Computing HP 27xxp models.