Thread: How to take screen shots on Sony tablet s

How to take screen shots on Sony tablet s

Hi, I am having Sony tablet s tablet which is running android honeycomb operating system in it, and it works superb and I love it. But still have some doubts regarding the tablet as whether it is possible to take screen shot that we generally takes on the computer with print screen button so is it possible to take such screen shots by the tablet itself? I am not sure whether it is possible or not, but if yes then please let me know how we can do that. Any suggestion for doing this would be appreciated.

Re: How to take screen shots on Sony tablet s

No I don’t think you’ll be able to do this, because there isn’t any key for doing the same, but it might be possible that if you connect external wireless keyboard then you’ll be able to do that, but still I am not sure as this is just an idea.

Exactly I am also having same opinion as you can’t do this with your tablet. I was also searching for the same but didn’t got any such solution.

I have gotten solution for the same but still it is working only with the web pages only, I mean to say we can have screen shots of the screen but only of the web pages through the browser. You might be thinking that the default browser doesn’t have any such feature then how is it possible, isn’t it ?

I’d say you are right actually as there isn’t any such feature neither in tablet nor in the default browser but with the help of dolphin browser we can do that and capture the web pages for sure. Isn’t It cool ?? :p

Yeah that’s quite good, in fact will you please let me know how is it possible? Because I am also about to do that. In fact I am also using the same browser that you have mentioned but never ever got any option for the same.

I am agree with the above user but still apart from that as well there is a way through which we can capture the screen shot of whole desktop in the tablet.
    But I don't think there is a way on the tablet itself without root. I found this on internet for a generic tegra driver that enables adb screenshots through the android sdk. I'll post the link when I find it, but you can hope it for sure.

Exactly, I have also gotten the same thing, as once you get the driver correctly loaded, you can absolutely take screen captures using the DDMS application. I haven’t ever tried this application ever yet, have you tried it? If not then I would like to suggest you that you should at least have a try!