Thread: Google Voice recognition does not work in Sony Tablet S

Google Voice recognition does not work in Sony Tablet S

Whilst the voice recognition works extremely fine on my Desire, the tablet has issues with it. It barely recognizes a word. Yes. When I used in my Desire I didn’t experience any problem but when I used the same thing in Sony Tablet it hardly recognizes what I am saying. Can anyone verify that?

Re: Google Voice recognition does not work in Sony Tablet S

A few seconds then hold down the search, or use the microphone button now appears in the Google search box (in the widget). You will see a box telling you that you can talk. Note: If this box puts down: English -> you have to press Menu -> Settings -> Select Language -> Spanish (Spain). There is no display of Default.

It seems that on the Vodafone network, due to the restrictive setting of VOIP related to the inhibition imposed by the latter on its network, speech recognition falls victim to misconfigured filters and does not work. We fall in his arms. We hope to resolve this serious problem soon.

The only problem I find is that the system should work perfectly to be used. While the text translators can have the same problems and the user corrects the problems of interpretation, here the listener is receiving the translation of the system and absolutely nothing said by the other person. That's why we cannot believe that will eventually be able to translate seamlessly told by another person. Still, we must recognize, Google tends to surprise.

The voice recognition works through a Google server. That is, a 'fingerprint' of your input is sent to Google and that fingerprint is cut into pieces. The individual pieces are combined and compared with words and letter groups. So Google is trying to make a whole. Our first attempts were, however, that the system is far from perfect.

One of the advantages of a remote system, so a server, is that the system learns. So the more people use the functionality, the more accurate the results will be.