Thread: Strange Behavior of PL-900 Pen with ASUS Eee Pad Slider SL101

Strange Behavior of PL-900 Pen with ASUS Eee Pad Slider SL101

I am having a ASUS Eee Pad Slider SL101 and I have recently bought a PL-900 Pen for it as I am having 2 side switches and eraser and now I don’t know what is wrong with the pen as I have noticed that when I am enabling the eraser by going in to the control panel than when I am moving towards the screen and when the second button is pressed then even the nib is acting like an eraser. Is there anyone who has faced the same problem and has an idea about this and can help me out? Any suggestion for this will be appreciated.

Re: Strange Behavior of PL-900 Pen with ASUS Eee Pad Slider SL101

Even I am facing the same kind of problem with my tablet pc when I am using the PL-900 with it I mean I have found that when I am setting the second button to the Alt Key then it is able to erase only with the button pressed and only when it is in the close proximity of the screen and now I am really not able to control the accidental erasing because I am really not comfortable with the pressing the second button and then erasing I don’t know why my PL900 pen is not able to work with both the buttons even when I am activating the eraser. Has anyone experienced the same problem with 2 Side switches and eraser and knows the cause of it. Any help will be appreciated.

Before I suggest you I will like to know that which tablet pc you are having and what is the driver version of the Wacom's Tablet PC driver that you are using I am aware of the but I have not yet used it. I have been using Axiotron Studio Pen and it is working well with my ASUS Eee Pad Slider SL101.I had bought it from the ebay and I am really not facing any such problem you have specified and it is working perfectly so I think that there is something wrong with your pen. I will suggest you to check it with some other pen and then see if you are having the same problem if not then you will have to replace your pen and hope that the pen has not resulted in any kind of external damage I mean has it fell down from a height or something.

Yes even I think that the problem is with the pen itself but I am not really sure about it because I have tested the same pen with
    • Motion Computing M1400,
    • Toshiba M400
    • Toshiba M7

And they all are running on XP or XP Tablet Edition but then I am facing the same problem with each of them when I take it close to the screen and the upper side switch is pressed so these also makes me think that there can be some kind of compatibility problem.

Yes even I have come across this kind of problem in a no of forum where PL-900 Pen has been found to be working starnage with Asus eee Slate Tablet in Windows7 and it is not able to work perfectly with the tablet pc and if it is not able to work well no matter what is the problem then why have they advertised it so that it can work with the tablet pc. I am using the smaller white Axiotron Pen which is also having 2 functioning side buttons and it is working well and it is cheap as well but I am not sure if it is available in every country I mean you will have to pay more for the shipping cost and all.

As far as I know that these kinds of pen have a tiny circuit board with some variable resistors so I think that the problem with this pen might be that the signal it sends off is taken as something different by the ASUS Eee Pad Slider SL101 so I don’t think that there is any other option to get it work as this is some kind of problem from the manufacturer side you can say it a compatibility problem so I think that you will have to get other one and probably the Axiotron Pen. I have found a lot of users who have mentioned that they have imported this pen and the shipping cost do cost more but then the pen itself is cheap and that is why it does not make big difference. If possible I will suggest you to do the same.

I am having (3) Axiotron Digitizer Pen Modbook & Tablet PC by Wacom and it is working fine it will cost you for US $24.99+shipping charge.Just take a look at its specification:
    • compatible with all Modbooks and any Tablet PC
    • comes with replacement Nibs
    • It is easy to hold and it is battery-less design
    • Axiotron digitizer Pen reduces accidental button clicks
    • You get a (4) Pencil Nibs+ (5) Felt Nibs+ (3) Studio Nibs with the package.

Yes even I am tired of working with the PL900 pen and trying to avoid the accidental erasing and now I will get it this week itself and I think that the bigger Axiotron pen will be better to handle and I really need one as I do a lots of painting and graphics work on my "portable cintiq" I wish that there could have been a method of getting it replaced with the Axiotron pen but then I don’t think that it is a big deal to get it shipped as I had already paid more for the PL900 pen and which was just waste of money.

Any idea which one would be the best from the following:

• New Axiotron Digitizer Pen Modbook & Tablet PC by Wacom
    • NEW Axiotron Studio Pen Modbook Tablet PC's By Wacom