Thread: Which model of Sony Tablet S does not allow to play music from SD card using default music player

Which model of Sony Tablet S does not allow to play music from SD card using default music player

I am willing to buy a Sony Tablet S and I have heard that we cannot play music from SD card using the default music player of Sony Tablet S but I am not sure in which model. So I just wanted to know in which model we are restricted for this. Is there anyone who has bought a model in which he is not able to play music from SD card using default music player of Sony Tablet S and is sure about it as well. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Which model of Sony Tablet S does not allow to play music from SD card using default music player

I will like to inform you that there is nothing as such and you can play any song from the external card which you are willing to play directly and you really don’t need to transfer anything and in order to do so what we can use the 'es file explorer' and then change the default "home" directory to “/” from the settings (do not put the quotes).It is the root directory and in that there is a folder 'sdcard2 and after changing the settings we can play browse and play any files that we want but I will also like to inform that the folder cannot be accessed it just try to access it form the music/video player and if you want to use it from the music/video player then you will have to use the file transfer app. Hope that helps.

Re: Which model of Sony Tablet S does not allow to play music from SD card using default music player

As far as I know by using the file explorer we will be able to play the song but then it won’t play continuously I mean we have to play the songs one by one so I just wanted to know that if we use the file transfer app then will we be able to play multiple songs back to back or we will have to play one by one and I also want to know that is this some kind of android 3.X problem I mean why does the application requires to search the specific music folder in order to play the music form the directory? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

As far as I know it is some kind of issue with the sony itself because I have been using gtab and I have also used xoom and transformer as well but then I have never faced such problems yet. I think that this might be because the company wants to prevent the users from "expanding" their storage but I think that after a root we will be able to get rid of this. I have also found that the third-party apps does not have this kind of problem through their interfaces so I think that this case is just with the built-in Sony apps and this is not any type of an android 3.x issue. Hope you got my point.

I know that the m3u opening is difficult but then I think that I have other solution for it:
    • First install the Astro Player Nova
    • Navigate to /mnt/sdcard2
    • Select the mp3 files that you want to
    • And then load them and its done

You can also use the following :
    • PowerAmp for the music
    • Video MX for the videos

I am using these applications and they are just great you don’t have to care about the same problem anymore as it really plays the songs and the videos flawlessly. Just check them out.