Thread: Need Canon D60 drivers for Windows 7

Need Canon D60 drivers for Windows 7

I have Canon EOS D60 camera which I have purchased before six months. Actually I have a problem that when I am trying to connect the camera with the system in which I am recently installed windows 7 I always get the message that the driver cannot find. I want to connect this camera with the system to get the pictures from camera to computer. Please help me in getting all the things and also tell where I find the driver for windows 7.

Re: Need Canon D60 drivers for Windows 7

Hello, I have a Canon eos 1000d and I confess that I did not have to install the drivers, my pc recognized, I do not go through the wizard windows because I do not like it too but I go to desktop, I opened it and I have access to my photos. If your pc recognizes it as a device it should not be a bug at worst you can read your SD card in a card reader and before you install the drivers is what was displayed in your workplace? The only time I saw it was when the autorun of the aircraft had disappeared.

In fact, I think the main source of my problem is the release date of the D60 (2002), it is a bit old. So, I have the drivers, and they are installed. The Canon EOS D60 appears in the device manager as imaging device, but not in my job. So I cannot browse the contents of the device and access files. I thought there might be need for an app Canon, but the Canon Solution Disk, the D60 is not listed in the compatible devices. Now what do I do?

I do not think it has to do with his release date. Fortunately, besides, you can imagine a device like this does not change just because we have a recent pc in fact what would be nice is that it recognizes the device as a mass rather than images. I think you should uninstall the drivers that you put the barrel and when you request your pc operating systems, you do not know, from that moment it will recognize the device as mass and you will get access.

I sent Canon an email regarding the same issue. The response I recieved was:

The EOS D60 has been discontinued. Because of its age, there are no drivers for the D60 to work with Windows 7. In order to download from your camera, a card reader will be necessary. We apologize for the inconvenience.

So users of old Canons are screwed as far as Windows 7 is concerned.