Thread: Bluetooth and Power Diode fails in Lenovo ThinkPad T61

Bluetooth and Power Diode fails in Lenovo ThinkPad T61

Hey all, I am having the new Lenovo ThinkPad T61 and I was very happy in the starting when I get this ThinkPad. But now I am not happy with this one, because I am facing some of the problem related with that. And for getting resolve that problem I would like to ask you that entire Why is my Diode not on when I use my Bluetooth or When I am charging. And also this happens when it is in the dock it will not light up the diode of the power plug icon of Bluetooth icon. Can anyone suggest me here about the right suggestion on this problem?

Re: Bluetooth and Power Diode fails in Lenovo ThinkPad T61

Hey dude, I am thinking in your cause that you are facing this problem because the diode has fused. And for that reason I will suggest you to getting in contact with the service center to confirm it, because I am not sure about this. But I am telling you this because I was also searching for the same and I found that they are suggesting me the same as I have told you over here. so I think that you should try to contacting with then, I am sure that they will really help you in this cause.

Hey, here I can say that this is the common problem related with the T61, T60, etc models of the Lenovo. I am very sure about this. Because I have seen that there are so many of users of them are having this type of the problem. For these machines, if your LCD still works but the LED doesn't come on, then it could mean the inverter has some problem.

Yes, I get what you both are trying tosay over here. But I am thinking that this is software problem. And I am sure about this because both the Power-plug LED will not light. And also this came problem is occurring with the Bluetooth LED Inside. For that reason you suggested me to contact with the service center and I tried with that also. But they are also telling that this problem because diode has fused, and they told me to replace the diode. But here i am not getting the way that will help me to change the diode. Ok, suppose I came to know now that this problem is related with the diode but they are not suggesting me the way to change this. Can here anyone suggest me the way for doing this things. Please reply me back about that.

You are wrong friend; you are telling here that this is software related problem. But let me tell you that this LED are not really software controlled, if they don't work then it will be a hardware issue. And also maybe this problem is totally related with the hardware for the Power Light, am not sure here. But for the Bluetooth, there is some kind of software to say that the Bluetooth is on. And also there Bluetooth LED is not software controlled. You even can turn on/off BT in the BIOS and the LED will turn on/off after leaving BIOS. And if you are facing this problem then I think that sometimes it also can be caused by a burnt out fuse.

I am now going to agree with the above users who are telling that this problem is totally related with the hardware and for resolving this problem now I have decided to contact with the service center and I am sure that they will now help me in this cause.

Friends, I was also having this all type of the problem and for that I have also tried with the so many of the suggestion from the different forums but nothing helped me in this cause. But when I came here, I found that one user have suggested that this problem is related with the hardware and for resolving this problem I will need to contact with the service center. I tried with that also and there I found that thy really helped a lot in this cause. And after this I get that my problem have get resolve over here. Thanks for suggesting me about this.