Thread: any suggestions and advice regarding Lenovo X201 tablet with celeron processor

any suggestions and advice regarding Lenovo X201 tablet with celeron processor

I have recently searching for lenovo x201/221 tablet so that I can do heavy note and web browsing. I know that most of these tablets cost around 1000 and they have i5 or i7 processor. I have observed that there are few tablets with Celeron processor for only 400 or 500 dollars. I actually have no much idea about computers but I would like to know that whether it is good deal or not. I am using a desktop with a core 2 duo processor and windows 7 operating system. I am very happy with speed that I am getting. I am able to run all microsoft applications without any troubles. Below I have mentioned the specifications,
    • X201 Tablet, 12.1" WXGA LED BL (2000nit - Entry),
    • Celeron U3400, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB/7200 HDD,
    • Intel GMA HD graphics,
    • N-Optical drive,
    • Web Cam, Bluetooth,
    • Fingerprint Reader,
    • Intel 6200 AGN WLAN,
    • WWAN Ready,
    • 5-in-1 card/slot,
    • Y-Modem,
    • N-Firewire,
    • 8-cell.

Re: any suggestions and advice regarding Lenovo X201 tablet with celeron processor

I have gone through your specifications and query. I would say that according to me everything is fine. I think that the processor is not fine for the price. I would like to say that the processor is very entry level, it has a small cache, and it has no hyperthreading and turboboost. I would say that you can have a look on different Celeron processor. I is true that even in my 2011 release, the c65 version is not mentioned. There is lot of variations of 3093.

Re: any suggestions and advice regarding Lenovo X201 tablet with celeron processor

Well I have been looking for tablets since many days now. I am looking for pc’s around 800. I have found the one and that is HP TouchSmart tm2t. The review was very good as I know and I know that it is referred to as tm2. I would like to know more on this topic. I am a student so I would like to know that is it worth buying? Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Well I would say that this kind of machine has been built for corporate or for particular business where applications like filling forms of real estate, hospital and modest web browsing was intended. I would like to say that to compensate for processors, fast non ssd hard drive and the max ram for 32 bit windows 7 is included. The battery life is really very good. Just don't expect to run Photoshop while on Skype. I am also not sure that how will it work with the hd movies. This is the reason why I am suggesting that you should buy from someone who has a customer friendly return policy so you don't lose out IF you don't like it.

Well I think that the price is not that good. The hp tm2 comes for around 600 dollars direct from hp. honestly speaking the screen on the tm2 is of poor quality and I would say that it is not worth at all. The screen I felt is somewhat dim, it has bad colors and the light shift gets awful after a few degrees of movement -both of which translate to the screen being a real PITA to use as it has effectively 10 degrees of movement before things go pear shaped. Also most importantly the fact is that, it uses Ultra Low Voltage processors which affect the performance of the system.

I would say that look for some used business grade tablet pc from ebay for a budget of 800 dollars. You have many options like Fujitsu T5010 & T4410, T730 & T900. You can also look on HP 2730p & 2740p, Lenovo X200t & X201t.