Thread: Keyboard stops working after sleep in Lenovo ThinkPad 7764CTO X61

Keyboard stops working after sleep in Lenovo ThinkPad 7764CTO X61

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad 7764CTO X61 laptop at my home. My laptop is working fine but it is giving me some troubles regarding the keyboard. I have observed that when my laptop wakes up from sleep, my keyboard does not function. I have tried pressing the caps lock button and num lock button but nothing actually happens. I have tried restarting my system but even this hasn’t helped me yet. Sometimes I have to restart and it works sometimes after the whole shutdown. Has anybody faced this issue? Any suggestions regarding this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: Keyboard stops working after sleep in Lenovo ThinkPad 7764CTO X61

I would like to know that did this problem occur after installing windows updates. Many a times this problem is occurred after incomplete windows update. I am sure that your update must have not completed and hence you are facing this issue. I would like to say that try to update the windows again and make sure that the windows update is achieved completely. After updating, try to restart the system. I am sure that the problem will get resolved. My friend had the same problem and even he had done this and his problem got resolved.

Well I am not sure what must have happened with your keyboard. It could be anything. I would like to tell you that try to install the keyboard customizer on your X61 Tablet. You can purchase it from the online websites. You can get it from ebay or amazon websites for around 20 dollars. If you are having keyboard customizer then I would say that try to uninstall it and install it back again. Thank you. I hope it helps.

I have had the same problem. I was under the impression of just buying a new keyboard but I decided to just look into the matter. I had tried uninstalling the keyboard customizer. But it didn’t help. I couldn’t see any difference. I tried to reinstall the operating system. I would say that the keyboard worked fine after sleeping after the updates.

I have installed the updates properly and I have also installed the operating system back. I have tried booting up ubuntu on it and the problem of keyboard occurs here also. I don’t know what to do now. I think that there are some serious issues that I am facing. I have done a lot to get rid of this issue but I couldn’t get rid of it. I have tried to downgrade my BIOS but there wasn’t any effect. I have no clue so as to what to do now. Any suggestions if you all have then kindly give me please?

dkbose Guest

I think that there is some problem with the keyboard itself. I would suggest you to get the keyboard checked. You can visit any hardware shop and get the keyboard repaired. There are many options available in market. I am sure that this is the keyboard problem and replacing the pad or repairing the keyboard would solve the issue.

I would suggest you to try out this following method once. I hope this will help.
    • right click "computer"/"my computer" from the start menue and click properties
    • select device manager
    • expand "keyboards"
    • right click on the keyboard(s)
    • go to the power management tab
    • see if the "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" check box is checked