Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad T420s poor build quality

Lenovo ThinkPad T420s poor build quality

Recently I have get the new Lenovo ThinkPad T420s,in the starting when I get this one at that time I was very happy with that but now I am not happy with the so many other features of this ThinkPad. And while using this one at that time I can see the 2 pixel errors on my 1600x900 screen, but still I am not so worry about that. But I came here to confirm that the lower surrounding of the tft-screen itself (the black plastic bar) stands away from the tft surface by some 1mm during operation. And aso for that reason only I am thinking that this thing is related to temperature, because the room between plastic surrounding and tft surface lowers a bit when the device is switched off. Anyone can suggest me in this cause? Or anyone also has the same problem.

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T420s poor build quality

Yes, here I can also say that you are saying right that this is intentional. And also there are certain screen protectors or privacy protectors that fit into the gap. I am telling you this all things because I am also having the same problem and also I have searched on the so many of the other forums and there also found that there are so many of the users of the same ThinkPad who are also complaining about the same problem.

Hey dude, but in my cause I can say you that my T400s bezel has no gap between the bezel and the LCD. Last time I played with the T420s i don't remember such gap existed either. So most likely it is a defect. And if you all are facing this type of the problem then I think that you have to provide the picture of this behavior to me.

Yes, me too also have checked my Lenovo ThinkPad T510 and after checking that I came to know that this is not having the space between the screen and the bezel. And for making sure about that, I have also tried with the slide a paper between them but at that time I came to know that can’t even slide a paper between them. But when I came here at that time I found that you are having this problem so for that I also checked my system and at that time I found that below that is the hinge bar - also tight with no slots or gaps. I am not sure about your problem because I am not having the same ThinkPad. But for making sure about your problem I will suggest you to contact with the Lenovo support and here I am sure that they will really help you in this cause.

And also except this all things let me tell you that they can also be found beside the track pad where your handwrites normally rest. And this is because the black plastic seems to be uneven and is lighter than it should be. What will you all people will now in this cause?

Ok, if here you are getting this all problems then I think that you will go for the replacement this ThinkPad. And I am telling you this all things because you can return any product sold via internet within a 14-day period after delivery. And also I agree with your comment that is this quality is totally unacceptable if you consider the price tag. Try to get some other suggestion in this cause or else you can also try with the replacement.

Hey dude, before this all I had also think about the replacement and there also I found that they will take time to do this thing. So for that reason I think to get some solution form you all people and that will really help me to suggest about the poor build quality of the Lenovo ThinkPad T420s. But now I think that the replacement will be only way for me to get out of this all problem. So I am thinking that replacement will be fine for me. And also the other people who are having the same problem to them also I will say to try for the replacement .