Thread: Getting "no HDA audio bus driver" message on Lenovo T60

Getting "no HDA audio bus driver" message on Lenovo T60

Hello friends, I have a Lenovo T60 with a fresh install of XP Pro Everything seems to be working fine, except audio. XP audio controls illustrate no audio device. I reloaded the audio driver file which is the 77a224ww.exe. When I try to complete the process by running Setup.exec in the audio folder that receives the error "The HDA audio bus driver required and not found". The only files HDA driver I've been able to find are for SP1, trying to load the results into an error message indicating that existing files are newer than the files I'm trying to load. So please help me. Thank you.

Re: Getting "no HDA audio bus driver" message on Lenovo T60

As shown in Lenovo T60 support and download site, set up the Universal Audio Architecture HDA driver sooner than installing the audio driver functions. Have you attempt to do this? And do you have XP SP3 installed? If not, could be a good idea, because I think that SP3 includes HDA controller.

Service Pack 3 is already installed. MS kb888111xpsp2.exe the review does not apply to Service Pack 3. I gave it a try and received the next: Setup has identified that the Service Pack edition of this system is newer than the update you are applying. No required to set up this update. I can load the drivers in the driver: 77a224ww.exe. When I open the audio directory and run the setup.exe file that the error message "The HDA audio bus driver required and not found".

I had a look in the Device Manager console to see if any devices that have not been properly listed (missing drivers)? In particular, must have tickets to the audio driver high definition (under the tree of system devices) and SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio (under the tree sound, video and game controllers.) check here and return to us. Of course, this could be a long shot, but Microsoft has tried Update (select Custom, not Express), wait until the analysis is completed and then check for driver updates in the hardware, Optional section (left).

In the Device Manager there are no tickets for HDAC in the tree and input devices in the tree SoundMAX audio, video and games. Microsoft Update contains no updates for the driver does not exist. At the ThinkPad’s website at hand is a BIOS update available for platform. I still have not installed and no more as it might not be a way to do the undo.

In the device manager, there are entries for "unknown devices"? If so, you may be clever to yourself install / update the missing drivers to position the remove files in C: \ Drivers \ Windows \ Audio \ return to the BIOS update, for myself, I would do, particularly considering that a member of the ThinkPad forums said that it fixed the problem of his / her HDAC. I have made these BIOS updates often, and not once have I found any problem. The update is packaged in an executable file (assuming you're running Windows 32-bit), you only have to download / run. the files are extracted to disk, the system automatically restarts, the BIOS update screen, follow the instructions to proceed with the update, wait for it (long beep and the machine is off) ... turn it back on and press F1 to enter BIOS, press the F9 key to restore the default, then F10 to save / exit ... voila, BIOS updates, you're done if you decide to proceed with updating the BIOS, choose one of the following links (the appropriate update depends on the screen dimensions of the machine):

BIOS update utility - ThinkPad T60, T60p wide screen models

BIOS Update Utility for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Vista (32-bit, 64-bit), XP, 2000 - ThinkPad

There is a registered for unknown devices. I attempted to install the driver through the device SoundMAX unknown. I acknowledged a message that the correct driver could not be found for the device. BIOS were upgraded from version 2.07 to 2.23 without problems. I keep getting the same error message; the HDA audio bus driver is required when trying to load the SoundMAX drivers.

I have the strong suspicion that the HDA audio bus driver ... let me do a little digging, but meanwhile, returns to the Device Manager, click the unknown device, driver update, and agree to the wizard to "Install the software" ... but first make sure that the Windows Update client is configured (allowed) to check with Microsoft for device drivers. Therefore, to do that - control panel, system, hardware tab, Windows Update button, select 'If my team needs a driver, go to Windows Update without asking ... Approval of your way out of the dialog boxes and then run the hardware update wizard in device manager to automatically check for an updated driver for the unknown device.

For the unknown device, unlock its properties dialog in Device Manager, select the Details tab, and see if there is a "Device Instance ID" ready for it? If so, select the device ID that is displayed, at that time copy / paste into a reply message. Note: In the Device Manager, the copy purpose can merely be implemented through the keyboard, simply select / highlight the device entry and press Ctrl-Insert to copy the text in the clipboard ... then use paste to put the text into a reply message. Identification of the instance of the device looks something like this: PCI \ VEN_8086 & DEV_284B and SUBSYS_20AC17AA and REV_03 \ 3 & 21436425 & 0 & D8. I want to compare the device ID to those contained within the SoundMAX driver INF files, but do not think the UAA HDA controller driver is in fact piece of the SoundMAX driver package. I think that is a separate UAA HDA (Microsoft) entity that should be installed on your system sooner than installing SoundMAX drivers.

I think the driver of the audio device are been corrupted so due to which it is showing you the message, you better download the driver and install it and get it worked for you.