Thread: SD Card Error in Sony Xperia neo V

SD Card Error in Sony Xperia neo V

I am using a Sony Xperia neo V mobile phone and yesterday I lost everything on this SD card. I have lost all the pictures and games that I have installed on this card. When I try to enter the card then it gives me error message like "Blank SD card" or else "SD card has unsupported file system". When I get blank SD card then I get an option to format the SD card but I dont want to do that. Is there any solution for this issue? Thanks

Re: SD Card Error in Sony Xperia neo V

Can you try to switch off the phone and then remove the SD card and again insert it back in the phone and turn it on again. Now check if your phone is able to read the SD card contents. If it is not then try to connect your phone to a computer and then check if the SD card is recognized, if it is then copy all the files to your computer and then disconnect the phone from pc and format the SD card from the phone itself.

If the above solution doesnt work then remove the SD card from your Sony phone and test it with another phone which has SD card slot. If the other phone is able to read the SD card files then transfer all data to either the new phone or else connect it to pc and then copy all the files. One the transfer is done afterwards format the card and then transfer all data from pc to SD card. If still the SD card cannot be read then it might be corrupted and all data might be lost.

I am also facing the same problem. I used my previous phones SD card. It happened whenever i connected my phone to pc. Not all data was lost ,only some pics and videos were missing. it happened twice. I'll replace d SD card with new one... hope i'll not face same problem again

Yes the issue can be due to the corrupt memory card. Basically run software update if possible. This fixes most of the issue. A proper firmware update is usually needed to make the hardware's to work properly. The SD card corrupts if it is of low quality or it is plugged out accidentally when the phone is on. Also sometime moister destroys the card contacts which result in failure.