Thread: Getting "PXE-E61: Media Test Failed, check cable" message on Lenovo T43P

Getting "PXE-E61: Media Test Failed, check cable" message on Lenovo T43P

Hello friends, I have the trouble with the Lenovo T43P 2668. Recently I have changed the HDD of the laptop and I have taken it from the IBM. I have ordered the new HDD from the IBM, so the IBM technical supports have delivered the HDD. So I want to install the Operating system on the new HDD, but when trying to do boot the system then I am getting the following message:
    • PXE-E61: Media Test Failed, check cable
    • PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel Boot Agent.
    • Operating System not found

So please help me and give me the solution to solve the problem and want to install the operating system. Thanking you all in advance for the solution you will give it.

Re: Getting "PXE-E61: Media Test Failed, check cable" message on Lenovo T43P

Try to press the F12 key during the booting the system from the media drive which is the DVD-ROM or anything else related to it. After that you can proceed to install the operating system and hope it might help you.

I have test and also worked as per the above user have told me but then also I am getting the same problem to install the operating system. As per the above user I have gone to the BIOS screen and in that I have selected ATAPI CD-ROM which is there in the laptop. As I have selected the drive then I have disabled all the other drives. I have done all this and now I am only getting the Operating System not found message on to the screen. I am not able to understand that why I am getting it or I think that I might have the problem with the IDE MAP. So please help me about it.

I have the some of the method which you can try and also work as I have tried, as you have done the Selecting and un-selecting of the drives in BIOS which can be the difficult process and also the confusion, so you better the following methods:
    • Method 1:
    • Go into BIOS,
    • select F9 (restore defaults)
    • Then F10 (save and exit).
    • Re-boot.

• Method 2:
    • Back into BIOS,
    • go into "startup"
    • then into "boot"
    • Choose "diagnostics".
    • F10 to save and exit.
    • f. Re-boot.

You should be able to see both drives (DVD and HDD), while the "diagnosis" is ongoing at startup. If you have a missing drive is not your problem. If you have a missing unit, back to the previous idea: press the F12 key, choose to boot from CD-ROM and see what happens this time. Good luck and let us know.

The above user has told you the best and also the proper method to do it, you should try it and also you will be able to get to solve the problem and also you will not get the message.