Thread: Battery drains quickly in iphone 4 after firmware update to iOS 5

Battery drains quickly in iphone 4 after firmware update to iOS 5

Hi, I am quite former user of Iphone 4 from last few months and were using it perfectly without any hesitation, but after updating the mobile with the newer iOS 5 I am having various issue with the battery, as previously it was lasting till almost 2 days but now it is been drained after few hours only, which is noticeable clearly and that is also after firmware update only. Is there anybody here having same problem with the iPhone 4? any suggestion for resolving this?

Re: Battery drains quickly in iphone 4 after firmware update to iOS 5

See there could be so many problem with the phone, because I don’t think this is because of the newer firmware that you have installed in the phone, because see the nerwer Iphone 4s is using the same OS and they aren’t having any such problem with the phone, then how is it possible that you are having this problem. And that’s why I think there is some problem with the phone or any accessories such as the battery or the charger of the mobile.

I would like to suggest you that you should try to make use of another accessory in your mobile prior to test the mobile’s performance. If you are having same problem with the newer accessories as well that means surely here is some problem in the phone hardware or the firmware that you have installed. I am not saying that the firmware is not well, but I might not be installed properly.

I am quite agree with the above user as you should make whether all your accessories are working perfectly. Otherwise you should try to make some changes with the firmware you have installed. You can either reinstall the same again in your mobile, but if you don’t wanted to make that much hitch then you can simply downgrade the firmware in your Iphone 4 and stick with the one that you were having previously.

yeah you can reinstall the firmware in your mobile but still you can have another option as well before doing that because I know that’s quite lengthy process and that’s why you can simply carry on with resetting the firmware in your mobile.

The process is quite simple; you just have to make either soft reset or the hard resetting according to your convenience. But as per my recommendation you should start with soft resetting and if suppose you are getting same problem then you can carry on with hard resetting. And off course don’t forget to make backup of your data from the phone as they will be wiped out while you do this.

And if they both are quite unsuccessful then you can try with reinstallation of the same or simply with the previous version.

you are right actually I have also seen the difference in the performance, and I think this is only because of the notifications, reminders, push and fetch mail which just keeps receiving. In fact I am also planning to downgrade the phone’s firmware.

Thanks for the suggestion but after seeing this I have done it but still no luck as I am having same problem with the phone still don’t know what could be the problem. I think there is surely some hardware problem.

I’d say no because there might be any other problem as well, because as you have mentioned that the newer firmware contains such utilities that keeps consuming the battery but still you can have another option as well like you can simply avoid using those utility in your mobile because that’s quite essential and expected off course. Because I know only this is the concern which can affect the performance otherwise I would say battery life had greatly improved that I can feel it with my 4s.

Some settings are always necessary with such smartphone for sure such as,

• Turn off all such notification

• Turn off all the application if not in use

• Turn off WIFI if not in use

• Adjust the brightness

• Keep the Bluetooth off if not in use.

Why don’t you visit the service center? Because see there could be any problem with the phone so if suppose there is some hardware problem then you may get replacement for particular hardware as well, and the service cost will be depend upon the warranty period for the phone you are having, I mean to say if suppose the warranty period is still remain then you’ll get all the service for free.