Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad T400 not booting and no lights except CD drive light

Lenovo ThinkPad T400 not booting and no lights except CD drive light

From past couple of days I am having Lenovo ThinkPad T400. I have seen that the Laptop of mine is not starting up. As I am starting up the laptop the light of the CD is coming but there is no indicator lights for rest all the controls. What should I do to fix the above mentioned issue? Let me know about the same. thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T400 not booting and no lights except CD drive light

Looking at the matter tell me what operating system do you running? Is there any changes on the computer? which version of BIOS do you have installed? Let me know if you are having any other information which will help me out to figure out the root cause of the problem.

In this particular matter I wanted to tell you that you should check all the USB port of the laptop of yours. if you have found something wrong than tell me about the same. So that I can tell you about the further steps which you can use to fix the matter of yours. Reply as early as possible so that i am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. wish you good luck.

I have gone through the thing which you have stated over here and I have come to know about that there was an issue with the USB port of the laptop of mine. the back piece is broken and last time it was showing only at the Lenovo screen at the time of booting. Can you tell me anyway to deactivate the USB port by any mean? If so kindly post with the reply as early as possible. I am waiting for the same. thanks a lot for the replying with the instruction over here.

I am sorry to say but the USB pin cannot be deactivated by any mean. You have to take care of the thing that is there should not be any short between any of the four pins and the socket. If your laptop is supposed to booting fine then you should cover the socket and there should not be any device connected to it.

Do you have the service warranty of the device? If so I recommend that you should contact the service center and claim for the service warranty. You should see that the device of yours should not have any physical damage otherwise you will not be able to claim the service warranty.

I think I am going to contact the official service center and claim for the service warranty which has been provided by the manufacturer. Anyway I will come to you as the thing is working for me. I am wanted to appreciate your efforts which you have put in to get the requirement of mine.