Thread: Is it possible to run Ubuntu on the Fujitsu Q550

Is it possible to run Ubuntu on the Fujitsu Q550

I am fascinated by running Ubuntu on the Fujitsu Q550 (or Motion CL900). Ubuntu 10.10 to get a "full" multi-touch UI. Someone reported that ‘a company’ was planning to push it with Linux preinstalled, inferring that could for sure work. Anyway a few seconds ago I an as yet undisclosed place that Q550 could not boot from a Ubuntu USB stay. Has anyone else with a Q550 attempted this, or could be ready to attempt a present (11.04 or 11.11 beta) Ubuntu life stick to see assuming that it works (and, if not, what appears to be the situation)?

Re: Is it possible to run Ubuntu on the Fujitsu Q550

I am not confident why it could not begin from a usb stay unless the usb is not situated to boot genuinely (when the SSD) in the BIOS. I have not attempted Ubuntu on the Q yet but I did have it stacked on my old TC1100 for some time that was a calamity. Without penmanship distinguishment, and my refusal to utilize a keyboard, that introduction was useless. The Q, obviously, could have the touch screen for information with the intention that could be preferable.

I've attempted to stack Ubuntu on my Q550 twice now it appears to begin peachy and after that actually hangs partially through. Had been utilizing an Ubuntu/Win7 ST6012 then after that switched to the Q550. It's much slower but it hasn't really stopped me from utilizing it until something preferred goes along. With that declared, they totally never might as well have discharged it. Has anybody popped it open? I began to when I first got it but then chose to attempt it a touch first.

I have attempted various Linux OSes, incorporating most cutting edge Debian, Ubuntu 11.04 and a few more senior forms, Damn Small Linux Pupy linux and android. It is impeccably conceivable to boot from USB. Be that as it may in most distributions the X-server falls flat to begin being as how /dev/fb0 is not populated. The just special cases I found so far were Puppy-linux and the Debian graphical installer (which is specifically baffling after the instituted Debian tries not to work). Downloading the Ubuntu 11.10 beta at this very moment.