Thread: Thoughts on Rough touchpad of Lenovo ThinkPad T520 and Lenovo ThinkPad T510

Thoughts on Rough touchpad of Lenovo ThinkPad T520 and Lenovo ThinkPad T510

Recently i have went to the store and i have found myself stuck into the touchpad. I don't liked that since there was lots of friction. I used to say that laptops should have the smooth pads and it is the most important requirement of mine. Let me know what do you thinking on this particular matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Thoughts on Rough touchpad of Lenovo ThinkPad T520 and Lenovo ThinkPad T510

Well i have found that the smooth toucpad to have quite higher amount of the friction. Right now i am having Lenovo Thinkpad T400 but i have used the Lenovo Thinkpad T510 and i have liked the same.

I wanted to tell you that i really dont wanted to make use of the touchpad. As far as the usage of the touchpad is concerned you have to do glide on the ventilated pad than that of you do on the normal touchpads. But still I would like to have an option for the selection of the smooth touchpads. Also I think the manufacturer of the laptop that is Lenovo should make the better drivers for the touchpad. If you are supposed to use the Ubuntu Live under Linux you will have quite different experience and it is quite more responsive than that of the Windows 7.

In this particular situation I would prefer smooth vs textured surface. However you can make the difference according to requirement of yours. I am not able to figure out why Lenovo has started with to make use of the textured/dimpled surface for touchpad.

I am having couple of ThinkPad with me. the very first thing I wanted to tell you is that Lenovo ThinkPad T420 is the rough one and Lenovo ThinkPad T400 is smooth one. I used to trackpoint 95% all the time. I used to like the rough touchpad more than that of the smooth touchpad. It’s just my opinion.
    However there are people who are saying that the glass touchpad is seems to be the best one and rough touchpad is quite horrible. So everything is dependent on the usage of the users.