Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad T400 is not starting up again

Lenovo ThinkPad T400 is not starting up again

As the title of this particular thread is saying what i wanted to ask over here in this particular thread. Well i am having Lenovo ThinkPad T400 and it did not startup. I cannot figure out whether the issue is associated with the software or the hardware of the device. Let me know if you are having any specifi solution to make the thing working for me. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T400 is not starting up again

Looking at the matter i wanted to know which operating system do you have installed?
    What is the hardware configurtion? Is there any changes on the computer? Whihc version of BIOS do you have installed?
    Let me know if you are hvaing any other information to figure out the root cause of the issue.

I am suggesting following solution whihc you can try to resolve the issue.
    You should remove the battery and simply unplug AC.
    Now you should press the power button for ten minutes and then hold for the same for the thirty seconds.

Now again plug in AC and after that you should try to boot the laptop again and see whether the thing is working or not.

Well i am highly suspecting that the above mentioned issue is happening becuase of the overheating of the laptop. You should simply download the tpfancontrol and simply check the system temperature and post the experience of yours over here.

After going through the system of yours is having the switchable graphics model. Second thing which I wanted to tell you is that switchable graphics driver should be improperly installed.
    Due to this particular thing ATI chip to stay for the full power and it is going for full running around in circle and it supposed to generate lots of heat and also sucking lots of power. what I am suggesting that you should install the latest version of Drivers. you can get the same from the official website of the graphic manufacturer. Once you have done the same install the drivers and restart the computer.

I think you need to boot the computer into safe mode and see what is going to happen.
    • You should restart the laptop and press F8 from the keyboard.
    • Select Safe mode from the Advanced Boot menu and restart the computer.

There could be an issue with the BIOS of the laptop and hence I am suggesting that you should get the latest version of BIOS from the official website and install the same on the laptop of yours.

Well in this particular situation I am suspecting that there will be hardware issue with the device. So I recommend that you should visit the official service center and claim for the service warranty. You have to take care of the thing that device of yours should not have any physical damage otherwise you will not be able to claim for the service warranty.