Thread: The difference between iOS 5 and iOS 4

The difference between iOS 5 and iOS 4

There were those two-hundred latest features again? What a letdown. iOS 5 didn't do something for customers excluding mess my application folders and pages. Hope I will stagger across several of latest features in the future. Not any of them are understandable right away excluding the announcement center.

Re: The difference between iOS 5 and iOS 4

If you are messaging an important person without iOS5, your message balloon is green. If someone HAS iOS 5, then you have blue balloon, and it shows "delivered" beneath it. It denotes a grayed out iMessage in the window you variety in. Also, if you make off with down, you can see the complete message display, the keyboard lighten down. I like this. there are some differences in iOS 5 and iOS 4.
    • iMessage
    ◦ receive and Send limitless photo, text, and video messages with other iOS 5 customers
    ◦ Messages are tracked by read receipts and delivery
    ◦ secure encryption and Group messaging
    ◦ mechanism over Wi-Fi and cellular network
    • Notifications
    ◦ steal from the top of some screen to outlook notifications in one place with announcement Center
    ◦ latest notifications come into view in brief at the top of the screen
    ◦ examine notifications from screen which is lock
    ◦ slip the notification application icon to the right on the lock screen to go in a straight to the application
    • Newsstand
    ◦ mechanically organizes newspaper and magazine subscriptions on Home display
    ◦ Displays the face of the newest problems
    ◦ Background downloads of latest problems

They are diverse applications on the iPad. sincerely it sounds like you didn't be acquainted with everything about iOS 5. So why on Earth did you even bring up to date? The information that they aren't dissimilar applications on the iPhone is rather stupid. The iPad edition of iMessage is a lot smoother.

That's since there never was some store messaging application on the iPod or iPad touch. What's the point in manufacture a divide iMessage application? The point of integrating them was to build it effortless and seamless to start an iMessage. It's the similar idea as FaceTime. It was merged with the iPhone's mobile phone application, but the iPod and iPad touch never had a phone application so they made a fresh application. Sounds similar to you don't know everything about iOS at all.

What is with users this morning...There have been most of the messaging applications (several which Apple didn't even win) that did this. And seamless =/= merging. I like the design, but I would quite them be divide. I have to purchase limitless messaging as do lots of iPhone owners now, so actually I merely care about texting those that don't have messaging (iPad). So it's in fact easier if there was a divide application to just maintain a list of people in. Having limitless messaging defeats the reason for a lot of users. users can say they will utilize it, but in three months it will be a thing of the earlier period.

Stuck between GV Mobile and iMessage I sense like I'm sticking it to the man, just a slight. I just in progress using GV Mobile for free of charge texting the past and I have to say it am nice. I have had it because before it was in the Application Store but for all time used the cell phone feature, never texting. Now I'm hooked. I'm still grandfathered into the limitless data and month / 200 messages plan (I'm an extremely light text user). I may finish up canceling the messaging plan before long. What actually caused me to search out free of charge limitless texting are the present plans. my options With AT&T are to wait with my 5$ 200 text payment, drop that and pay as I obtain them or 20$ / month for limitless. I utilize GV Mobile as an instance because that's what I have but there are a only some fine, and without charge, messaging alternatives out there. I'm prepared to be complete paying AT&T for what amounts to such a insignificant amount of bandwidth it's awkward that they ask additional money for it.