Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 25-10-2011

Lenovo ThinkPad X120e screen flickers

I am using the Lenovo ThinkPad X120e and from last two days, I found that the there are black lines going across the screen. Is there someone else who is having the same problem like me or you know the solution for this. I have tried with all the things that I know to get it solved but it was not working. Can you please tell me how this can be resolved?
Old 25-10-2011

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad X120e screen flickers

You can try by squeezing the bezel and see if that can solve the problem for you or not. Is this occurring when booted to the Ubuntu LiveUSB? If that is the case then its hardware and you will require getting it resolved under warranties except for you?ve previously dismantled it, which might cause them to decline service.
Old 25-10-2011

There is one more thing that you can try for this and that is to disable the PowerPlay. I have seen some of the similar cases like this where disabling PowerPlay resolves the problem and so I hope that it will do the same for you. Please reply back if this was helpful to you or not. If this does not help then we will try to solve this in some other possible ways. Good Luck!!!
Old 25-10-2011

Just download and install the catalyst control center as of the AMD.
  • Once you are done with the installation then you will see the start menu shortcut intending for ccc otherwise the catalyst control center.
  • Right click on that and click on the ?Run as Administrator?
  • Now, just go to the power and from there disable powerplay.
Old 25-10-2011

You can take a look at this and see if this is helpful for you or not.
Old 25-10-2011

It will be better for you if you can directly contact to the Lenovo support team. They will let you know that what is the exact reason for this and how you can get the issue resolved. If this would be case for me then I would have done the same. So do it and post the reply from them over here so that it will be helpful for other users.
Old 25-10-2011

You can try by reinstalling the newest BIOS which is released recently and check if this is helpful for you or not. This BIOS greatly increases the amount of RAM dedicated for the video, which might be the origin of the difficulty here. Please give it a try and tell us that if you still observe the problem.
Old 26-10-2011

You should contact Lenovo support to get the best solution.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,