Thread: Asus Eee Note running a new kernel

Asus Eee Note running a new kernel

Starting a custom kernel on an embedded device without touching its original software is a common task for a community driven project. The task has a number of solutions one of which is to run a new kernel from a running one emulating the bootloader functionality with a kernel software.

Re: Asus Eee Note running a new kernel

Upgrade to last kernel would be able to be the greatest that we are able to range now with better power consumption, similarity with Mac and a speed increase

Beginning a Linux part you can/should pass it and command line, root=<root- filesystem -device>k where alternative might as well typically be specified. One can put any Linux ARM distribution on that root device and it will run.

My particular ideas are to run an ALT Linux (Sisyphus) built conveyance with respect to my Eee Note. to run a special distro even now, under the present kernel utilizing chroot. Right now, I successfully run unified with LXDE-desktop. The situation with that strategy is that the present kernel is too unfortunate in usefulness for the now days desktop projects, for example wpa_supplicant and NetworkManager. Case in point, the sd86xx satellite lattice driver dispatched with the Eee Note is not completely good with Linux satellite augmentations standard utilized by the supplicant and NM, so you could not venture to sweep and interface to the WLAN. By the time I've gotten to that focus over the span of testing the LXDE desktop on Eee Note I've realized that to run a unique part is absolute necessity to move further.

If anyone is interested in playing with chroot - drop me a message. Generally, you must copy the basis of a distribution somewhere in the file system, mound / dev, / dev / pts, / proc and sys / with `mount-o bind ', not` chroot and start the target system initialization script (typically / etc / rc.d / sysinit). Then run the system services by selecting a runlevel (/ etc / rc.d / rc ).

One would be able to do all that in the QT console provision application at freenote.org. There are issues with running a X Window server unpaid to the grayscale presentation—a special setup document is indispensible. Remember to murder the udevd before beginning the target framework. To have the capacity to utilize the stylus you should murder the data connect technique, but be deliberate—you should control the device somehow, either utilize some script running a virtual console in X, or SSH.

Exceptional to know the most fit could be come across how to make a kernel to be embedded in a rom, i am able to unpack the rom record (with a script) but i didn't attempt to repack it.

Since along these lines, attempt to get the genuine piece setup from zImage utilizing <linux-kernel-source>/scripts/extract-kiconfig. Am sure it will be helpful

Changing the kernel might unite:

1. -similarity with mac
    2. -update the managing framework to android
    3. -perhaps putting otg in the usb (and empowering the union of a usb console)
    4. -numerous different things

Picking up how to run an exception piece is a first step towards picking up how to instate a special Linux dispersion. Case in point, I actually could affection to study how to introduce any tablet- oriented distribution with GTK-based GUI.

I successfully compile the module in it and I surmise that it goes (with I aggregated part) and I test it with initial part but I get just weird on the screen.

In addition I could not concentrate the config from the piece:

Code:
    /bin/bash scripts/extract-ikconfig piece
    gzip: stdin: decompression OK, trailing waste disregarded

ERROR: Unable to concentrate piece arrangement data.

This kernel image would not be able to have the config insight.

flow with GTK-based GUI.