Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad T510 and Intel Core i5-540M is giving terrible noise

Lenovo ThinkPad T510 and Intel Core i5-540M is giving terrible noise

Well I am having Lenovo ThinkPad T510 from past couple of days. From the device of mine I am getting terrible high pitch noise which is coming from the upper side of the laptop. I wanted to know whether there is any other users who are having the issue which you have stated over here. So try the thing which you have mentioned over here and I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours.

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T510 and Intel Core i5-540M is giving terrible noise

Looking at the problem it is something like associated with RF pickup on the audio side or something like bad internal power supply capacitor.

After going through the details which you have stated over here I don’t think so the above mentioned issue is being happening because of the fan noise. But I am suspecting that the above mentioned issue is being happening because of the voltage level. Also there is a model from the other manufacturer. But still if you are having any useful idea on this particular matter then let me know as early as possible.

I have come to know about that the Intel processors are doing the sometime. I have also noticed that there is a variation in the sound between the volume which is quite different from the processor to processor. If I am not wrong than there will be an issue with the Intel production than that of the Lenovo. I wanted to tell you that there are models which are not having the sound from the processor at any of the voltage or clock rate. There are some other brand laptop which is having the same issue. There should be some kind of the combination of the parts which is supposed to reduce the noise. So you have to find out the same and see whether it is helpful to you.

Mostly the noise is being happening because of power inverter for the backlight. They are mounted on the bezel just below of the rear of the ribbon cable. I am suggesting that you should press that particular area little bit hard and see whether the it is silence.
    Also another interesting thing which I wanted to tell you over here that as I have click on the Lenovo Power Manager button the taskbar and as Power Manager loading up the sound is supposed to stop. After pop up of the program the sound is getting.

In order to keep an eye on the RealTemp is supposed to measure CPU MHz with the performance timers which in terms of the Intel recommend method. Well you can also use the ThrottleStop. It useful on the various kind of the laptop issues.

Well I think there is an issue with the device itself and so that I recommend that you should contact the official service center and claim for the service warranty. Make sure that the device of yours should not have any physical damage otherwise you will not be able to claim for the service warranty. So try the same and let me know whether the service center people were help you. Also share the experience of yours so that all the other users will be able to get the idea on it.