Thread: Battery drain in IOS 5 solved

Battery drain within a short time in IOS 5

I notice like several phone ios5 battery was disappearing down rapidly. After a little digging I originate that the location services were running in the backdrop. Check...System>location services>system services there is prob a purple projectile next to location time zone. Since turning it off my battery has sat at 42% for 3 hours or so iPad 2 3G 64GB

Re: Battery drain in IOS 5 solved

If you turn off the standing notification all it will do and not show you when it's using location services. Probably a bad idea. It determinate use of location services just as a lot of using your method and just won't allow you know when it is. Also, apps will merely use your location in the background if they require it (i.e. Google Latitude). Apps like Twitter will only use your location when you're posting a tweet with your location attached

Pleasant to find, present seems to be quite a hardly any little hidden nasty’s in IOS5 it’s a bit sad really as I at all times appreciated IOS since you did not require to go about rotating stuff off just to use it. Starting to remind me of having to use MS CONFIG in windows, turning off the crap you dint need.

presently I guess, but I'm pretty confident so as to pre-iOS 5 make use of the system position services just as much as they perform now, but now you have the option of customize their setting… You don't have to take it out of the notifications center, just disable the "local weather" feature. That will turn on the GPS anytime it checks the weather. You can just put in your zip code for the local weather.