Thread: Suggestion for Lenovo Thinkpad Slate

Suggestion for Lenovo Thinkpad Slate

I am thinking to purchase the tablet Thinkpad Slate for my educational purposes so that it can be used for my next semester. I want to ask that if this worth for its price or not. Is the 32 GB merit it in contrast to the 16 GB considering it have memory card slot? How does interior memory allotment work regarding external memory devices? There are some of the posts on other forums that I found who have mentioned that this is buggy. So I am really confused that should I buy this or not.

re: Suggestion for Lenovo Thinkpad Slate

I am also using the same and that is working great for me. So I am sure that this is not buggy. Anyhow, this is a machine and no one can give 100 percent guarantee of this. But in case, if any of such things happen then you have the warranty for this and you can claim that.

I utilize mine all the time for educational purpose and it works great. It is not as pram as many people think. Remember this is where every the objection come, the ones devoid of complaints don’t write how pleased they are. The bugs on mine are slight thus the difficulty isn’t sufficient that I would trade it away and the update will most likely build this a lot enhanced.

It is like any other Honeycomb tablet a 10 inch multi-touch screen with a resolution of 1280x800 resolution and a Tegra 2 chipset used. The memory is 16, 32 or 64Gb in size, is a 3G/4G modem it as well. A stylus can be called to service. The design is sober, just Thinkpad. On housing, interestingly enough hardware buttons sit, it is impossible to see whether they are the buttons that are already built into Honeycomb as soft buttons. Perhaps it is this is different keys for special applications and business apps.

As for features, it is fairly standard, since found a multitouch capacitive touchscreen IPS (like the Asus EeePad Transformer) by 10.1 inches. It will display a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels, for a ratio of 16:10. The processor is an nVidia Tegra 2 - probably running at 1 GHz. The internal memory will vary between 16 and 64GB, depending on version. It has a USB 2.0 port (presumably for the USB Host), and the microUSB miniHDMI. The ThinkPad will be available in 3G + WiFi version. It will be quite large, as it will have a thickness of 13.97 mm.

It can be used with a stylus to "draw and take notes." She would approach that offers the HTC Flyer, but on a larger screen. A dock keyboard, like the Asus EeePad Transformer will be offered. Unfortunately with the exception of photos, one learns very little about this accessory.

A tablet ThinkPad Slate can only be addressed to the business sector. There is talk of IPS panel 1280 × 800 pixels, of options to 16/32/64 GB of space and an active digitizer with stylus for input. Software side outputs are rumors about a possible client for the Remote Desktop feature of cloud for documents and applications, and systems of protection for sensitive data. There is also a mention of integration with Active Directory networks.

Here are some of the detailed features have been released:
    • Screen resolution: 1280 x 800 (WXGA)
    • Processor: Tegra 2
    • capacitive touch screen
    • High quality IPS display
    • Camera: Front and rear useful for video chatting and creating media
    • Multitouch support
    • Battery life: 8 hours (WiFi enabled)
    • Internal Memory: 16GB/32GB/64GB
    • USB 2.0 with Micro USB
    • 3-in-1 SD card
    • WiFi and 3G
    • With HDMI output
    • Weight: 1.6 pounds
    • 0.55 inches thick

The leak also revealed that this gadget is ready to be launched in June 2011 and was presented with the price of $ 499. Pencil, tablet, keyboard and base manual Optional accessories are offered. In addition, the boards will Thinkpad with a lot of software support, such as useful for people with business-minded IT integration software, protection against theft, as well as options to wipe away.

Another competitor in this year's surprising tablets has become Lenovo is about to introduce its Thinkpad slate tablet ultra-slim 10.1-inch Android 3.0 or comb. Its launch has been established in the third quarter of this year, but more news and more about the specifics flooded the web as soon as this month.

Regarding the Think Slate, from material that is circulating on the Net is learned that the capacitive multitouch display in 16:10 format and underlying IPS technology. Optionally the stylus could be provided to facilitate the selection. The configuration should be based on the Nvidia Tegra SoC 2. Instead of barnacles, which are deliberately colored and rounded design to attract the attention of consumer customers, the Think Slate is more like a ThinkPad standards.

dkbose Guest

Although the ThinkPad X1 has a thickness slightly more abundant than the MacBook Air and the Samsung 9 series, might be a product of great interest to professionals just because of the new generation battery implemented by Lenovo. The configuration is based on the Intel Core i5 Sandy Bridge, flanked by a 160 GB SSD. The display included a profit of 13.3 inches diagonally, and Gorilla Glass coating to withstand knocks and accidental drops.

Re: Suggestion for Lenovo Thinkpad Slate

It will showcase a determination of 1280 x 800 pixels, for a proportion of 16:10. The processor is a nVidia Tegra 2-doubtlessly running at 1 GHz. The inward memory will shift betwixt 16 and 64GB, hinging on form.