Thread: Built in microphone is not working in Lenovo ThinkPad T410

Built in microphone is not working in Lenovo ThinkPad T410

I have recently purchased a Lenovo ThinkPad T410 laptop for myself. My laptop is working fine except the microphone. My in built microphone is not working. It is actually not working since the day I got it. I don’t what is the issue. Does anybody know about the issue? I have used it with skype and the sound is working fine but the microphone is not. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: Built in microphone is not working in Lenovo ThinkPad T410

Actually I am facing the same problem. I am also having Lenovo ThinkPad T410 laptop at home. My speakers are working fine but the built in mic is not working. My mic was actually working fine initially but I don’t know what has happened now as it is not working now. I have installed the drivers many a times but nothing has happened yet. I would like to know the way to resolve the problem. Please help?

I would say that try the Lenovo Toolbox and test the mic. Also you must try to reinstall those audio drivers. I would say that also try updating your Conexant driver. I am sure this will help.

I think that there is some problem with the laptop only as you are saying that the problem is from the start. I would say that contact the Lenovo team and ask them for assistance. Tell them the issue and get the laptop replaced. Possibly it could be some driver problem. Also try to install the operating system with proper audio drivers. I am sure your problem will get resolved.

I am having same problem with me. I have tried to overcome this issue by trying many different solutions. All my efforts have gone in vain, as I am still facing the same issue. I called the Lenovo guys and they told me to solve the problem by reinstalling the drivers. I have done it as told to me by the lenovo support people. After installing I have tried to connect the mic and use, fortunately this time I didn’t get any issue. I would request you to try out this solution and I am sure even you will be able to resolve the issue of yours. All the best

Well I would like to thank all of you all for helping in solving the issue. I was referred to isnatll the sound drivers in my laptop and after that also I am facing the problem. Now I have downloaded the updated drivers from the Lenovo official website which I have installed in my laptop. Well I would say that now my problem is resolved absolutely.

I think you should try out the smart audio applications which are having many sound options and recording. I hope you have installed it. You can search for it in the control panel. I would say that if you don’t have this applications then try to get it installed in the laptop. I am sure this help.