Thread: ASUS Eee Pad Slider SL101 is not able to connect to computer

ASUS Eee Pad Slider SL101 is not able to connect to computer

I have recently bought a ASUS Eee Pad Slider SL101 and the problem I have started facing now is that when I am connecting it to the computer using a usb cable then it is not getting recognized by the computer and vice versa I don’t know what’s wrong with it as far as I remember I have not changed any settings. I have also noticed that it is able to recognize my android phone using the usb cable without any such problem. Is there anyone who has faced the same problem and has an idea about the same and can help me out as well? Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: ASUS Eee Pad Slider SL101 is not able to connect to computer

I will like to inform you that you have to install the ASUS Eee Pad Suite from the ASUS support site and make sure that you are having the pc suite as well. I don’t have much knowledge about the ASUS Eee Pad but then I am sure that this kind of problem was there with the Transformer it was not able to get recognized by Windows XP or Windows 7 x64 computers as I have myself tried it. Later I had sync my contacts and the calendar to the cloud and now I am transferring the file with the help of a microSD card which is formatted for NTFS for larger files where as a network file manager for small files. Just check out the things that I have said and see if it works for you.

If you are having the same problem even after following the above steps then I will suggest you to try and connect it with some other pc and check if it is getting recognized by it but making sure that the above pc has all the things that is required and if not then I think that there might be some problem with the slider itself. You can also try to connect other slider to your pc if it is possible and then check if it is getting recognized or not. Just try to perform the above steps so at least you will be able to find where the problem is so we I can help you with other suggestions.

Even I am facing the same kind of problem and I have found that when I am connecting the slider then I am getting a tun-dun sound which we normally get when something is connected to the computer and later when I checked in the start> my computer and then under the portable device but I am able to see the "Slider SL101" and I have also noticed that the slider is getting charged as well but I don’t know why I am not able to see the slider icon in the computer. Are there any settings that I have to change? Any further help will be appreciated.

I am having the same problem and whenever I am connecting the slider I don’t hear anything like you have specified and when I check in my computer then I am not at all able to see any icon of the slider and even the slider does not respond to the connection and it does not even get charged but then I have found a other way by which I am able to access the shares on my pc through my wireless network with the help of the Total Commander and this has helped me to transfer the files when I initiate it from the slider but I am still looking for a solution for this problem.

I have the same problem and I have tried connecting it with different computers making sure that they have the ASUS Eee Pad Suite but then I was getting the same problem and none of the computer responded to its connection. I don’t think that there is any kind of hardware problem as it is responding to the connection made to it from the phone and it is even getting charged when I am connecting it. I think there is some kind of software problem and I will have to contact the tech support and find out what is missing.