Thread: fingerprint reader not working for the Lenovo T520

fingerprint reader not working for the Lenovo T520

I am using the Lenovo T520 laptop , the laptop is really good but I am facing one of the issue for the laptop is that the fingerprint reader is not working well . what happens is that when I try to login or access my laptop using the fingerprint what happens is that sometimes it is able to recognize the fingerprint and sometimes it is not able to recognize it. so I want to know what is the exact problem for the laptop . why it is not able to recognize the fingerprint . anyone knowing about the solution please share with me as I am really looking for this issue to solved out.

Re: fingerprint reader not working for the Lenovo T520

I would tell you that if you are having the issue of fingerprint reader then I would suggest you that you should try to delete all the fingerprints reader which you have registered in the laptop. Then after doing that you should try to restart you system. And see that by deleting all the fingerprints reader whether it has cleared out the issue and able to recognize the fingerprint for login or not. I hope that by doing the following procedure would work for you.

I have done the exactly you said , but the issue have not yet solved the laptop is still giving the problem with the fingerprint reading technology. Is there any other way to find out solution .

As you have done try the above solution and as you said the problem is still persisting then I would advise you to try one more thing. what you have to do is that try uninstalling the fingerprint reader software and then try installing the software again and try to reboot the system and see whether the fingerprint reader is able to access the system or not. If you are able to do it then it is fine or otherwise your fingerprint reader maybe damaged.

I have got the same problem with the Lenovo laptop . the thing is that fingerprint reader is not functioning well and I have tried all the thing , I tried to reinstall the software and after that I tried to reboot the laptop and then to I am having the same problem . I am not getting the point from where the problem is getting whether it is fingerprint reading problem or the system has got the wrong software.

After going to your issues which you have mentioned above, I would tell you that sometimes it happens that the fingerprint reader does not able to recognize the users print and it gives you a hard try to do that. So for doing this to enable that just try out some of the things. First do is reset you bios settings and when doing this ensure that you have not attached any power component, after doing this shut down your laptop and try removing the battery and place it again properly. Now try removing all the external drives from the laptop and then reset bios settings . this will make your all hardware factiory settings to take it back to the original settings .

now try reinstalling the software of the fingerprint reader and reboot the system . now see whether the problem is persisting it or not . I guess there should not be more problem after doing this procedure

I tried doing the above steps but what happens now is that the it able to access the fingerprint reader but of all user and cannot recognize for one particular user. And I think this not happen , because if it happens the same then there is no point of keeping the fingerprint technology in it .

See if you are still going from this issue after doing all this then I would tell you that there might be severe problem with the fingerprint reader technology. So my suggestion to you is that the if your laptop is under the warranty then you should try contacting the customer support care of the Lenovo laptop and trying explaining the issue about it. I think they should be able to solve the issue . and if your does not come under warranty then to you should try contacting them . Since you should always try repairing the laptop from the genuine care.

yeah...the above guy is right you should try contacting the lenovo support care if you are going with more problems , I think they are the guys which would solve your problems and get you the proper solution.