Thread: battery life of Lenovo T420 poor and works for 3-4 hours

battery life of Lenovo T420 poor and works for 3-4 hours

I bought the Lenovo T420i laptop just two months back it has configured with the i7 processor. But after working with the laptop what I found out is that the laptop is just giving me few hours (3-4) of back-up and when compared with the other laptop , I saw that they the battery of the other laptops were giving the good battery life of 8-10 hours . I want to know is that the battery life is normal with the Lenovo or do I have the issue of the battery.

Re: battery life of Lenovo T420 poor and works for 3-4 hours

As you are saying that you are not able to get good battery life for your Lenovo laptop, so I want to know what type of work you do on the laptop. Because it also depends what type of work you do, from that only I can tell you that why your battery is giving you only 3-4 hours of the battery life. from others or what are issues with the battery for not giving the proper battery life for your laptop ..

I just use normal as all mother people do in their office, like working on the word and excel, surfing the internet and sending the mail and at home sometime I play the high end games and watch movies and listen to music.

See if you are saying that you watch movies , listen music , play the high end games , and do the normal work in the office like surfing net and work on the MS office . So I think it will consume battery as you are using the laptop and I can say that the battery life you are talking about is normal and I don’t think so your laptop have any issue about the battery . The battery of your laptop is normal with proper battery life. And you can extend you battery life more by just going to the control panel and keeping your brightness to minimal use , turn off your screen when not in used , try keeping the laptop in sleep mode when not used or hibernate the laptop . doing this would extend your battery life and give more battery backup.

See when you are talking about the other laptop battery life then let me clarify you one thing , that the laptop battery comes with the different variants which allows to give more backup or more life to the battery. The battery which you are talking about other laptop which are able to give 8-10 hrs back up comes with the 9 cell so this laptops are able to give more battery backups . if you want to extend your battery life then you can also even go for the upgradation for the battery and get good battery life.

I want to ask you that are you getting the same battery life from the date you purchased or got after buying the laptop .

I am getting the same battery life from the date I bought the laptop and it has never changed . when I asked for the battery life while buying the laptop the retailer told me that you will get the 5-6 hours of battery life. After asking this then only I decided to buy the laptop. I didn’t knew that the battery life would reduce it after the purchasing of the laptop.

See it simple for to verify , since you have bought the laptop just few months back . so I would assume that the your laptop would be under the warranty and your warranty is not void by you . so if this is it then I would advise you that go for the Lenovo customer support care and try explaining your problem to them , I hope your doubts maybe clarified by them. And if possible try to call them before going to any support center of Lenovo . or even you can do one thing is that you should try going to the Lenovo website and try finding out your laptop series and find out the specification of the laptop and see that how much battery life is provided to your laptop and clarify your doubts .

I would suggest you that you should try replacing the battery for your lenovo laptop and if you want to increase your battery life try charging the battery when it is totally emptied and also see you don't overcharge the battery. And if you are looking for longer battery life then you can try buying the 9 cell battery which would extend you battery life.