Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad T61 with Bluetooth won't hibernate.

Lenovo ThinkPad T61 with Bluetooth won't hibernate.

I am using the new Lenovo ThinkPad T61, form the last month. And recently I have bought the Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 and this was also working very fine with this ThinkPad. And suddenly I get the find device process with this. In the last night I do a shutdown to turn the computer off. But today I tried with the hibernate and after this I get this problem to my ThinkPad. And after doing this I get that my system is start showing the Message that says System Standby Failed. And this is related with only Bluetooth mouse drivers which I am using with the ThinkPad. And also the error message is saying that I have to use the drivers for doing this all things. Can anyone help me in this cause?

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T61 with Bluetooth won't hibernate.

Ok, if your system is now saying that the drivers for that Bluetooth mouse is causing this problem to not get in the hibernate mode, then I think that you will need to uninstall the drivers and then try with the uninstalling the drivers and after this try to get in the hibernate mode. I am sure that this will really help you in this cause. If this also no helped in your cause then reply here back, and then I will try to suggest you other suggestion in this cause.

For getting resolve this problem somewhere I get that, they have told me for the factory refresh. And I also tried with that. But after this also again I get the same problem to not enabling the hibernate mode; while I am try to do this at that time also I get the same error message that tells System Standby Failed, and this is caused by the Bluetooth mouse drivers. So here I came back for the some more help in this cause. Please tell me if anyone have described exactly what I did for get working back and also give me steps for doing this all things. I would like to see the steps to followed to get the software installed while, at the same time, keeping the hibernate function working. try with that hope that this will also work in your cause.

You are saying here that you have also tried with the so many suggestions but still you are having that problem. So I will recommend you to contact with the Lenovo support, they will help you in this cause. And also they will tell you to get the proper drivers version for supporting your system. I am thinking that this also might happens in your cause that you are not using the proper drivers with your system that causes this problem.

Hey thanks for suggesting me for contacting with the Lenovo support. I will try with contacting with them. But I am thinking that in the last if I get this problem remains then I will go for contacting with them.

Hey all, I am also having the same problem with the Bluetooth driver when I am trying to suspend my Lenovo ThinkPad T61p. and to get resolve this problem someone told me to delete the Bluetooth driver in the Device Manager under Bluetooth Devices > Thinkpad Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate. And after doing this, when I restart the system I see that device re-installed automatically and also my problem have get resolve. I think that you will also need to try the same and hope that this will also help you in this cause.

For resolving this problem I am having the suggestion about this and which all are as:
    • In the starting you will need to right click on the Thinkpad Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate and select properties.
    • And after that tab on Driver Tab
    • Then tab on Uninstall
    • When you get that this process have been completed then tab on the computer name at the top of the tree and select "Scan for Hardware Changes".
    • The device will then reinstall.

And I am sure that this steps will help you to resolve your problem which is caused by the Bluetooth drivers.

I was also having the same problem related with the Lenovo ThinkPad T61 with Vista Home Premium, and when I install the Bluetooth drivers for the mouse at that time I see that when I press the Fn F12 key at that time my system goes into Sleep mode with the crescent moon light flashing. And for that I followed the steps which are given in the above post, and really this worked for me. Thanks for the steps and also I would say you also to try with that steps. I am sure that this al also worked in your cause.

I came here to confirm that this problem was solved on my Lenovo ThinkPad T60p the same way. They have suggested me to the Bluetooth device driver, then scan for hardware changes I done the same way and after this I get that my problem is resolve. Try with that, I am sure that this will really help you in your cause.

Yes, I tried with that also and after that I can see that I am not having that problem. Thanks for that, but here now I can see that i am having one other problem related with that. And the problem is that my system is now not detecting the Bluetooth mouse. For t hat reason now I am using the USB mouse instead of that. Are you having any suggestion for that? I have also tried with that so many of the other suggestion in this cause but nothing helped me in that. Please reply me back of you are having any good suggestion in that cause,