Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad T400 gets stuck on the startup screen

Lenovo ThinkPad T400 gets stuck on the startup screen

I have recently purchased a Lenovo ThinkPad T400 laptop for myself. I am using Lenovo laptops since many years and I really like them. I have been experiencing a problem from past couple of days. My laptop is getting stuck on the startup screen when I start my laptop. I get stuck on the main Lenovo and thinkpad page. There is a ThinkVantage button to interrupt startup but it doesn’t do anything. Screen seems stuck for a minute and then after a minute it goes to the page where I can log in. has anybody encountered similar issues before? Any suggestions regarding this would be helpful. Thank you

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T400 gets stuck on the startup screen

Well let me tell you that this is not a serious problem. I would have been able to give you a better and effective solution if you would have mentioned the complete details of the system. It is always better to mention the details to your queries. Still I would say that you can try to resolve the issue by checking the following,
    • It is quite possible that the usb ports must have got damaged. Just check it and ensure that they are fine.
    • Also I would ask you to check the boot order. Make sure that the lan is not first. I hope you get me.

I am sure that the problem is due to a damaged usb port. I would say that to resolve this issue, try to straighten up the pins but before that just power off the system. Try to remove the ac adapter and the battery. Make sure that the pins do not touch each other. You should then try to restart the system and the system should boot up properly. You can also try to replace the system board.

I suppose that there is some problem with the harddisk or there are some issues with the memory card. I would say that if you still don’t get resolve after this then just try to install and re-install everything. I am sure doing this will solve the issue of yours.

Well this is a most common problem faced by the notebook users. I would say that you should try to unplug the AC adapter and take out the battery. After this, try to push the power button 10 times in a row. Then try to push and hold the power buttons for some 30 seconds. Then try to put the battery back and push the power button to turn on the computer

I think it would be better if none of the above solutions work try to take thinkpad to the Lenovo service center. You can contact the Lenovo guys and ask for some assistance.