Thread: Wireless not working in Lenovo ThinkPad T60

Wireless not working in Lenovo ThinkPad T60

I have recently purchased a Lenovo ThinkPad T60 laptop. My laptop is working fine except the wireless. I have installed all the drivers for the wireless and also I have installed all the associated power management, hotkeys drivers etc. even then I have seen that my wireless is not working. I am very upset. There is a wireless button on the laptop. When I slide it the antenna led blinks for 5 seconds but then goes off. In the network connections I have checked and it shows no connected. I have a wireless router. Can anybody guide me on this? Any suggestions regarding this would be highly appreciated.

Re: Wireless not working in Lenovo ThinkPad T60

I would suggest you to check the bios settings and see whether the wireless is enabled or disabled. You can check the network under settings. I think you can try out FN+f5. I hope it works. If it doesn’t work then please do post so that I can provide you with some better solution.

According to me there is some hardware failure because of which you are facing this problem. I suppose that there is some problem with your wifi or motherboard. I would say that check the wifi card once. Make sure that the wifi card is proper and a good one. If not then try to purchase a new one, it is cheap. You will have to spend around 10 dollars for it. Try to get micro USB wireless adapters if your internal card has gone south. I hope this helps.

I would suggest you to install the latest drivers for wireless card and access connections. I would suggest you to uninstall the access connections and let windows to handle the wireless networks. You can also try out the intel drivers. It has its own connection manager.

I think that there is problem with the system. I would say that check antivirus and firewall settings. It would be that some features of wireless must be getting blocked. I would say that try to turn off the antivirus while trying to connect. Also check the settings of the antivirus. i would like to know what antivirus are you using? also i want to know that which operating system are you using? i hope you have installed proper drivers for your system.

I think you should take you laptop to the technician and get it checked. I think there is some problem with the motherboard. Technicians are the experts and they will help you in resolving the issue of yours. You can also contact the Lenovo team and get some assistance. Just try to visit the dealer from where you had purchased it. If there is any damage or something like that then you might get the problem resolved in free of cost but provided your laptop is under the warranty period.

It is quite possible that the antenna must have got disconnected or the adapter's RF section must have expired. I would ask you try to reset the adapter in its socket. I hope that this will help. I hope there is no problem with the nic card. Make sure that it is fine.