Thread: Media player does not recognize sd card in HTC Amaze 4G

Media player does not recognize sd card in HTC Amaze 4G

I have recently bought a HTC Amaze 4G and the problem I have started facing is that I have inserted a 32GB microSD card in it but then I don’t know that why it is not getting recognized by the music player or the gallery app but then I am able to browse the files using the ES file explorer. I have also installed the playerpro but then it is not helping me out and I am not able to see the sd card in the music player .I am able to see the files when I am copying them in the internal memory but then it does not have much space. Is there anyone who has faced the same problem and can help me out? Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: Media player does not recognize sd card in HTC Amaze 4G

I have come across this problem quite a few times in a no forum and I have found that the cause of the problem is because if the corrupted memory card. I mean if you think that is not the case then I will suggest you to format the media card as FAT and you can also try to separate it in subdirectories and you can also try to connect it to the computer and then format it using the different formatting options and then check if it is helping or not. If it helps then well and good and if nit then let me know so I can help you with other solutions.

I have the same kind of problem but not exactly the same. The problem is that I am not able to format the media card. I have installed a paragon partition manager 9 and now when I am trying to format the media card to fat32 then it is un-mounting and saying that the drive is not available. I am very well able to access the data but don’t know why I am not able to format it as far as I remember I have not yet changed any kind of settings since the day I have bought it. I have also tried using a memory card reader but then I get the same message. Any further help will be appreciated.

I will suggest you to try to format it using the phone settings rather than trying it with the other formatting applications. In order to format it using the phone just go in to the Menu and then go in to the Settings and then select the “SD Card & Phone Storage “ and then you will get a Format SD card option just format it using this method and then check if you are getting any error messages or not. As far as I know you won’t get any problem in formatting through this method. Best of luck

Even I was facing the same problem previously but then I was able to solve it on my own. I will suggest you to first get the backup of the data on to your computer or an external hard drive and then just format it using a phone formatter and then after formatting it transfer all the files in the media card and then see if your phone is recognizing your memory card. If it still does not then I think that there might be some problem with the memory card so what you can do is just insert the memory card in some other phone and then check if the other phone is recognizing it or not if not then the problem might be with your phone. You can also try to check the phone by inserting some new media card in your phone making sure that it is working and then check if the phone is able to recognize the media card or not. Just try try7 to perform the above task and then you will be able to identify your problem and then can solve it as well. Best of luck.

Even I was facing the same kind of problem before and even I was trying different solutions to format it but then none of them worked for me but later I came to know that the card itself was corrupted and when I bought a new media card and then inserted it in my phone then it was working well and now I don’t have any problem with it. Firstly I thought that there is something wrong with the phone itself I don’t know that how the media card get corrupted within a week but then I am satisfied that it was the media card and not the phone. Just try to perform the above solution and then you yourself will find the cause of it.

I was not that luck I was facing the same problem and after trying a no of formatting solution when I was not able to solve the problem then I tried checking it with another media card and I had made sure that it is working in the other phone but then later I found that I was only able to see the internal memory of my phone and the phone was not able to recognize any media card and it was really a serious issue as I had bought it just a few days back. It was working fine for some days without any problem but then the problem started suddenly and later I went to the service center and found that there was some fault with the phone and I got a replacement and now the phone is working well without any such issues.

I had the same problem and I had also contacted the service center and got a replacement but then I am really disappointed with this because it was not a week and the phone resulted in such a severe problem. In the starting even I thought that it was the memory card which is corrupted but then I later came to know that the problem is with the phone. I really had not expected this form HTC I mean I have been using the same brand for a long time but I had not faced such problem before.