Thread: Unable to send iMessage from iPhone to iPad with iOS 5

Unable to send iMessage from iPhone to iPad with iOS 5

I am using apple Ipad and I am enjoying every moment of it. I have got my ipad updated. I have set it to use my email for the imessage in my iPad. Actually I am not able to type "@" in the imessage in iPhone. Because of this I am not able to type my email address. So I want to know that how I can send "@" in the imessage in iPhone. I know that I can type "@" in the message application in iPad but I am not able to do this in the iphone. I don’t know what to do now. Does anybody know anything regarding this issue? Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: Unable to send iMessage from iPhone to iPad with iOS 5

I would say that go to the phone application and then click send message which is under the contact info. After selecting the send message option, try to select the MMS and select the persons email address.

I would say that try out this method,
    • First try to tap messages
    • Then tap new message
    • Tap blue circle + sign.
    • Add the contact
    • Let me tell that if they are registered with message app, they won't be in red and you will be able to send a message.
    • If they are in red, they aren't registered. The send button will be grayed. They need to register, too.

Well let me mention this that I am facing the same problem. Actually the email addresses for my contacts do not appear on the iphone. They also do not appear on the ipad. So if I want to imessage my friend from iphone I am getting only the option to send him email address. The only thing that has worked for me is that, go to contacts then select send message only then I am able to select the email. I would say that @ character is missing when I select the 123 button. I am getting the dial keyword instead of special characters.

If you have an iphone with iOS 5 then got to the home screen and tap Messages. Tap the corner to write the message. You cannot type a "@" in that field with the soft keyboard, because there is no "@" button. You can only copy and paste the “@” character. You must know that in the preference, if you enable the mms option, only then you will get the "@" button in the soft keyboard.

I would say that try to visit the apple store which is near your place. There could be some problem with the imessage application. I would also say that try to google on the internet regarding this issue. You will get some help from the internet regarding this issue. There are many threads and forums available on the internet where you can find the solution.