Thread: Unable to restore all photos after a camera roll backup in iOS 5

Unable to restore all photos after a camera roll backup in iOS 5

Hello friends, I was doing the restoring iOS 5 Back-Up Camera Issues Roll. I restored from my backup. I have only 900/1300 of photos from my camera on. Then I have done the hard reset the phone and something even stranger ... doubled to 900 photos. There are still about 400 photos which are missing. Someone please help me and also you are having some solution or any method to solve it then please tell me. Thank you.

Re: Unable to restore all photos after a camera roll backup in iOS 5

I want to ask you that have you make sure that it is a beta version or not? If you were using the beta version then you will not get those photos and I wish that you don't need those 400 photos.

I upgraded to 4.3.3 and I vanished a lot of pictures too, I mean that only 132 / 500. I found this article about How to convalesce your iPhone Files, but I downloaded DiskAid (for Windows) and I cannot open files from old backup. By the way, I vanishes the photos in my library in a folder that does not keep in mind the name, and only the Camera Roll photos survived the update. All else is vanished and I have in my pc! How I can recover an old backup? Please tell me I have lost all.... Otherwise, I have to really hate the apple. Why the hell would eliminate the content of this type.

Do not install beta versions of iOS. They are not for everyday use. Just to let developers test their applications and to iron out bugs. Always go for the full version application for the phone.

The same is true here for iOS 5 beta 4. Installing the OTA update erased all my photos (which I knew would happen), so I thought I restore my backup just done to get my photos again. Well, only 131 of about 700 decided to be restored back to my phone. So I synchronized with iPhoto, which purchased him back, but added a ton more albums than I wanted. So not selected in the iTunes sync box and click again, but stayed the photos ... Therefore, I am in third year of the current restoration.

Apparently, your mileage may vary, but I think I found an easy solution for this. So I upgraded to b4 and all my pictures were gone. I restored from the backup, and at the same time, opening photos, my iPhone, said it had no pictures (even after the restoration), I saw the thumbnail of the photo of my newest (actually, a screen shot) when I unlocked the camera application. This suggests that while I could not access the photos, which were on the phone. So I opened the Mac App PhoneView where I might evidently see my photos were actually on the phone. As soon as I tried to view a photo in PhotoView, all my pictures reappeared in the Photos application. TL, DR: IOS5 misplaced photos beta 4? Restore from latest backup. Unlock PhoneView on Mac with the iPhone connected. Select a photo. Tada! The photos are once again available on the iPhone

I did my update Over the Air and my photos mechanically from iCloud restored in a few minutes after starting. In fact, it is illegal to install beta edition without having to pay $ 99 for being in the program.

For people with iOS 5 beta did help notes which describe the conditions that we know where the photos can be affected and the steps to "recover" them? It's good advice for everyone in any system in any application. The iPhone "backup" is a copy made on your hard drive. It doesn’t have to be by hand or with an external hard drive, but if you want to avoid the need to protect. External drives are great, but if you keep next to your computer, fire / flood / theft were carried out two copies. Pictures of children for me, I used to burn DVDs and take them to the office. I now use Carbonite, but there are free options out there.

Have you allowed iCloud in the setup menu and backup and backup storage allowed iCloud? If you have not done it then you better you try it and make it work for you.

I think you will be able to get the solution of the problem on the internet and also you will be able to get the solution about it. There you might be able to get the method to solve the problem, I think you will be able to get the photo which you have lost during the backup of the iOS 5, so you better have check on the internet and also you will be able to solve the problem.