Thread: USB Tether for the HTC amaze 4G

USB Tether for the HTC amaze 4G

Hey all friends, recently I have bought the new HTC amaze 4G Smartphone and I am very happy with this phone. I am here to know about the USB tether in this phone. I know that this is very simple to the android users but let me tell you all that I am new to the android phone. Recently I heard about the USB tether and after that I came to know that this will help to share the internet access with my computer also. So, can here anyone help me to do the USB tethering, and also tell e if this is done without the root. Please reply me back if anyone else also searching for the same.

Re: USB Tether for the HTC amaze 4G

Yes, I have the suggestion about this cause. And for that I would like to say you that if you are thinking to tether your mobile then you will need to pay for T-Mobile's tethering service and then after that only you can root your phone and wait for a custom ROM. I think that the step for the tethering the USB you can get also from the user manuals. But here I am telling you for pay for T-Mobile are tethering service because without that you will not able to tether your device. So try to get the T-Mobile's tethering service and after that take the help of manuals for tethering the USB device and if after that also you will not able to tether the device then reply here back for this and then I will reply you the steps for doing this.

Yes, I you are right. HTC Amaze 4g with PDAnet works with the USB tethering, I am sure about this. I am telling this all because, my friend is having the same cell phone and also he is using the USB tethering in his HTC Amaze 4g with PDAnet. So I can say here that if you are thinking for the USB tethering then you can take the help of the PDAnet without buying their plans for that.

Ok fine, after reading your post now I came to know that tethering is not possible without buying their plans for that. But can you please suggest me the way to tether without buying their plan like EasyTether, PDANet something likes that. I am telling about this all because I am hoping here that one out of them will really help for me. And also I need some other kind of the tethering capability. For that reason I also have tried with reading the manuals for that but there also I find no steps which will help me for the USB tether. If you are having the steps for the USB tether then please suggest me that all steps for the windows.

Sure, I am having the steps for tethering the with the help of the USB. You are saying that you are having the Windows OS in your system, for that step is as:
    • Plug the small end of the USB cable into the USB/charging port on your phone.
    • Plug the large end of the USB cable into the USB port of your computer.
    • On your phone, a Choosea connection type message appears.
    • And then click USB Tethering.
    • After that click Done.
    • Click to select one of the following options:
    • Your phone is now sharing its mobile network data connection with your computer over the USB cable.
    • When finished sharing, click the Status bar and drag down, click USB tethering, click Charge only, and then click Done.
    • And in the end after doing this all things Safely disconnect the phone from the computer.

Hey dude, thanks for the steps for USB tethering for my HTC amaze. I am tying with this steps and until now I have not get the problem related with that and if I will get some problem then I will reply you back for the other suggestion on this topic.

Dude, I was also searching for USB Tethering for the HTC amaze 4G and for that I have also searched on the so many of the other forums and there I found no solution at all. But after coming here I found the suggestion about that and I also tired with the all the steps which are given over here. And the steps really help me in this cause. So here came back to say thanks to all of you about giving the such a great steps in that cause.