Thread: Unable to receive TEXT messages with AT&T carrier after updated to iOS 5

Unable to receive TEXT messages with AT&T carrier after updated to iOS 5

I have today updated to the iOS 5 on my iPhone 4 and facing this problem since then I get some strange pop-up message when I go to messages following installing 5.0. I am unable to get any new message it shows some message stating your SMS mailbox is full , New message cannot be received until you delete some message I am able to sent the message though but I can’t get message can anyone tell me what is wrong with this new iOS 5

Re: Unable to receive TEXT messages with AT&T carrier after updated to iOS 5

Even I am also getting this same error and if I turn the phone off and on, I am able to acquire incoming messages. However while I send and message it’s again it tells me the SMS inbox is full. Is it a bug does anyone has any fix for it I would be really appreciating it

Similar, awfully annoying. I have erase every of my messages, did not work. I re-installed from backup, did not work. I can’t still acquire them while I turn phone on and off. Having is so annoying, the simply thing i found out is to restore your handset as a new phone but then you lose the whole thing.

Yes this is frustrating man. I’ve be working on a way out for the hitch for the past 4 hours and the merely thing I've figure out is to back up your contacts all the way through address book and your photos to iphoto then reinstate your phone to a new phone. That the just method it’s going to work as of currently, however please guys will you message me once you figure it out through them on the phone thanks

I am AT&T. The merely stuff I did on the phone was set up a mobile me account and also remove the backup it stored on icloud. Those are the just stuff I changed after installing iOS5. Just attempting to place a slight additional information out there to make out if we all did a little similar.

So for every one you who are seeing for a instant repair I have resolve the difficulty. Who know if they will approach out with an update to rectify this anytime almost immediately so here what you’re going do. Backup the whole thing you require to save, similar to your contacts with address book, photos with iphoto, notes with yahoo etc. after that need to restore your phone, at the time it’s complete restore its going to request you whether you desire to back up from earlier back-up or restore as a brand new phone. You’re leaving to restore as an untouched phone. Then your text will be operational once more, at this time sync your phone with address book, iphoto, etc so as to you can contain every of your stuff back. Good luck

But wouldn't that dispose of all of our text messages and things that can't be backed up so

I remove a bunch of old texts from 09/10.

This get the message started on my phone.

Actually this is my temporary solution and I don't believe I'll back up the phone unless I observe a fix released if one is released in any way

I am at the present receiving text messages as usual.

I was really annoyed throughout today I was consider restoring as a fresh phone however i didn’t would like to misplace all my contacts and texts. I had thinking so as to it was my earlier backup, as well as it was. in some way I believe the frequent attempts to download iOS 5 made the iPhone back up the sms.db file time and again. I restored to a backup i completed in june and even though i misplaced some texts, apps, and contacts, the remainder of my setting and statistics were ok. I believe this is useful

That made me think this will have any effect my iPhone 4S on Friday No require to restore tomorrow this will help me to avoid to do it again a day later however if it carries over to the fresh one I'll be annoyed The customer service at AT&T girl and Apple Care guy with me on the phone grand it as much as she may possibly can and is calling me back tomorrow morning

while in the Apple phone, the messages started coming through. I think this method works, just give it a good 30 minutes of messages to start. I have the same problem. I can not even send sms. It just hangs there and not be sent. I'm trying to restore the method and then set up as new phone. I'll post to see if this method works. Apple really should gradually extend it. I of just waited until Friday, when my iPhone arrives 4s

Okay, so that the restoration and the creation of works like a new phone. I am a customer of AT & T on the way. I have not received any text that people tried to send during the hours and hours of my phone was out of service, but can send and receive now. I know it's a pain, but if you have any contacts stored on your computer, you might as well give it a try.