Thread: iOS 5 Vs Ice cream Sandwich

iOS 5 Vs Ice cream Sandwich

For those who have had an opportunity to see Google's live presentations. I should express, I'm all in all astounded it was that great and feature packed. Actually when you thought notices would be unable to get any preferable, ICS authenticates you wrong. I like Android BEAM and such a variety of here declare, who requires NFC. That would be one quite COOL and PRACTICAL explanation in the thick of it.

Re: iOS 5 Vs Ice cream Sandwich

I was essentially cleared-out. I'm joyful I didn't request a 4S, and truly, particularly much looking send to acquiring a Galaxy Nexus! I'm on an unlimited LTE data plan on Verizon and I pay for the unlimited mobile hotspot. This is determined to shake! I've still got my IP4 as a work phone, but I at present barely utilize it on account of me positively, really dig LTE on my Thunderbolt.

ICS looked staggeringly great; it as a matter of fact makes the UI more instinctual and of service and totally forcing to take a look at. The proposed are great things. I legitimately don't fathom why such a variety of individuals (in the alternate, comparable strings around now) are attempting too hard to blame it, in particular those that didn't watch the video.

I treasure WebOS for what it does well. We as customers all win when we have compelling and interesting alternatives. Unless you work for one of the aforementioned teams there is vanishingly small explanation to self-relate to them so positively. Be comfortable with your decisions, but depending on if you positively make them such a part of your personality, you are small something greater than the aggregate of what you consume.

Facial recognition for screen unlocking is VERY NICE. 720p showcase is even nicer. NFC is truly advantageous as I at present utilize my phone to pay for things now. With google in addition to having the ability to do group video chats that could be handy when I need to indicate off my son (there's been times I felt the need to have son video chat with both his grandmothers at the same time). The zoom lens looks to be a swine, that motion picture that was shot with the phone was ultra fresh, even the low light one.

I thought face unlock was the just sincerely imaginative feature and it failed. In addition appeared enjoy it may take longer than the pattern/combo unlock, which could thrashing the entire reason. All the more depending on if it works 9/10 times, it won't be helpful.
    • - Camera appeared good, but I remain doubt about it'll be superior to the iP4S. It looked fast, however.
    • -Android Beam.
    • -Widgets are fantastic, but still make the home screens look messed to my eye.
    • -Folders are precisely from iOS (but Apple took the notice focus so I speculate they're even).
    • -Dialing shortcuts are great.
    • -Keyboard/dictation look preferable, but just time will tell.
    • -Blending voicemails in with well known calls doesn't make any sense to me. I much lean toward iOS.
    • -Browser syncs up bookmarks quite similar to iOS.

It would be able to save pages for logged off, practically the same as iOS, but it doesn't seem to sync like reading list.

1. Can take screen grabs quite similar to iOS.
    2. Photographs now by places and people, quite similar to iOS.
    3. No SD card space on the Galaxy Nexus. It’s no picnic to whip Apple's audio/video playback and the choice for 64gb.
    4. Android is still the finest the extent that social reconciliation is concerned.
    5. Bigger screen is superb, but I'm not confident regarding the ergonomics. I utilize my iPhone one gave in any event 50% of the time.
    6. LTE is fantastic, but I'm getting positively fast speeds on AT&T on the 4S (in addition to the browser is so fast). Consider how the battery life will stack up.

They did a great work lecturing the cool look and feel of Android; its most likely more forcing. Nonetheless, Apple knocked it out of the park with Siri, picture camera appearance, iCloud sync up, and the raw speed of Safari on the iPhone 4S. ICS does make Android more engaging, but its still far alluring me to switch. Lack the capacity to hold up to see how the browser stamp scores stack up.

Well I however ICS looks really superb, separated from the new features, I think it carries Android closer to the level of polish of iOS. Now I am wavering, contemplating the accompanying 3 alternatives:

• -Purchase Galaxy Nexus, in addition keep iPhone 4 for my iOS fix.
    • -Sell iPhone 4 and purchase iPhone 4S
    • -Keep iPhone 4(really, there is not anything the others will furnish me that I could not venture to really do with iPhone 4).

In Android the floating analog clock is outrageous-reminds me of Windows Vista. The late "magazine" UI appears to vacate no place. Frequently its there while here and there its not. Then there's the modern, minimalist UI in the phone application (I in reality like this one finest). And then the child blue/teal in the contacts is pretty hideous.

On the point of ICS, I figure I'm in the process of missing it. I was a day one G1 adopter, Nexus S possessor, and I have Cyanogen Mod 7 on my Touchpad-so I am anything but unaccustomed to Android. I like some things about it, but the things I despise are quite prevalent: 1. the lag (which Topolsky is still obvious on ICS with the GN) and 2. The screens (home screen and supplemental 'pages') plus the application symbol actually look plain economical! They actually look positively crappy in illustration to iOS or even WebOS (which was a much preferable OS over Android, IMO).