Thread: Getting “Waiting for activation” message in iMessage after updating to iOS 5 in iPhone 4S

Getting “Waiting for activation” message in iMessage after updating to iOS 5 in iPhone 4S

Does anyone else getting this error on their iMessage status I am completely blank on this issue as I have no idea about this when I get in to iMessage via
    Code:
     Settings -> Messages -> iMessage
    I see this message “Waiting for activation..." now can anyone can tell me what kind of activation do I require to do to begin using iMessage does anyone else face this problem

Re: Getting “Waiting for activation” message in iMessage after updating to iOS 5 in iPhone 4S

Yeah you are right even I am also having the same problem on my iPhone perhaps this attribute has not yet be activate by Apple?

Re: Getting “Waiting for activation” message in iMessage after updating to iOS 5 in iPhone 4S

in fact, I just hang around for some time and then it activated. in addition to after that, I was stupid enough to turn iMessage off Now it's waiting for activation again. Although I believe you just require toggling the iMessage slider incessantly. It's a pain, although it will ultimately activate.

in fact, I just hang around for some time and then it activated. in addition to after that, I was stupid enough to turn iMessage off Now it's waiting for activation again. Although I believe you just require toggling the iMessage slider incessantly. It's a pain, although it will ultimately activate.

What is the purpose of the iMessage what does it do will it be allowing to send the free of cost text between the people of America and some also I am unable to choose the location on iMessage account If you go to the Message Settings and push Receive At and then push Apple ID, here you'll be capable to Change Location but I am unable to do that and there it says Choose a country or region to permit iMessage to message local number in your address book so what is this for here

I had the same error on my facetime and iMessage and I did the following fixed

• Just Turn on Wi-Fi by getting into Settings and then Wi-Fi and join to your local Wi-Fi network.

• After that go to Settings then General then on and stay there about a minute unless you receive a carrier update prompt. Once it is done the update, the carrier field should shows carrier name and some number if the carrier is 8.0 or later, continue

• Again go to Settingsand then Phone. Close FaceTime and turn off Show My Caller ID Then, twist iPhone 4 off slide to power off technique

• Start the iPhone 4 back on. Now go to Settings on Phone. Start “Show My Caller ID” back on and turn FaceTime back on. Do a call to a different iPhone 4.

• If you are operating with iOS 4.1 or afterward, go to Settings then General then Reset and Reset All Settings.

Hope this solve all your problem

Quote Originally Posted by (IVORY) View Post
    What is the purpose of the iMessage what does it do will it be allowing to send the free of cost text between the people of America and some also I am unable to choose the location on iMessage account If you go to the Message Settings and push Receive At and then push Apple ID, here you'll be capable to Change Location but I am unable to do that and there it says Choose a country or region to permit iMessage to message local number in your address book so what is this for here
    iMessage facilitate you to text anyone in the world by the use of Wi-Fi or data depending on whether Wi-Fi is available or not on your iOS 5

So if it works on Wi-Fi then why it’s giving this message of activation Does my carrier require to support this fresh feature as mine is still showing the same message from the beginning And anybody familiar with why you can chose a region on iMessage

It will takes some time to activate I've had this problem as Beta 1 in anticipation at the present. You now have to toggle it on and leave it. I include tried turning phone on and off, doing it with Wi-Fi on or off not anything actually makes a difference. What I do observe, is that I might iMessage subsequent to a short time of pending up for it to make active, still at the alike time as it still said "waiting for activation." So there perhaps a slow message among the phone and servers. Try hard iMessage with someone who you be acquainted with has iMessage. Probably hard to do at the instant since it's just rolling out now. Also, when you're typing in somebody apple id or phone number for iMessage, don't just kind the message and send. Wait for the propel button to turn from green to blue, then drive it providing the additional persons iMessage is active, this will forever occur I did this a pair times to kind of kick the phone out of the "waiting for activation" time frame.

Hey my apple ID has been verified however while I attempt to add it on my me.com email address its gives 'unable to verify because it is already in use' error does any one here know anything about this I will glad to know this thanks

Is there any way to know or an app state way to run our contact list and recognize precisely which of our contacts has iMessage active?

If your associates include iMessage active, while you gaze at your contact list here you will be seeing will be a blue message bubble subsequently to their person's name. moreover none of my contacts rationalized up till now or me not contain it on yet doesn't permit me to observe that status on my contact list. I don't familiar with what to do any longer to obtain it activated. iMessage is on and it does not state nothing about being activated. The message app seems the similar as it did before iOS5

ThumbsUp FIX FOR Getting “Waiting for activation” message in iMessage after updating to iOS 5 in iPhone 3gs, 4

It works for me but with jailbroken Iphone and worked for me after searching a lot. It works 100%

proceed step by step and enjoy iMessaging.........)

All steps are as follows
    1. open CYDIA....MANAGE ......EDIT.... ADD

repo.bingner.com

2. install SAM

3.Go to Settings.... General.... About
    and look for your MODEL number and go to this link to find which CARRIER your phone is locked to

iphone-3g-3gs-model-numbers-country-carrier (if link not working then google it)

4. Go to Settings ....SAM.... Utilities and tap on Revert Lockdown to Stock button. You will see Stockification Success message. If you see Stockification Failure message then it means you have not installed correct version of SAM on your iPhone.

5. Now tap on the SAM button on the top-right and then tap on the Method menu. From the list, choose By Bundle Name option.

6.Now again hit the SAM option on the top-right and then tap on the Bundle menu. In this case, i will be choosing ATT-US as my iPhone is locked to AT&T.

7. Similarly navigate to SIM ID menu and choose your SIM ID. If you do not know SIM ID, just choose the first option.

Then goto SAM ....UTILITIES.... click on BACKUP ACTIVATION and then click on RESTORE ACTIVATION

8. Once your Method, Bundle and SIM ID has been correctly configured, tap on More Information menu. You will see ActivationState as Unactivated. Connect your iPhone to your PC or Mac via USB cable and start iTunes.

9. Now iTunes will generate legitimate activation packets for your iPhone. Make sure your PC or Mac is connected to an
    active internet connection because iTunes will try to authenticate your info with Apple servers. Once done, you will see your ActivationState as WildcardActivated.

10. Thats it! Now your iPhone is officially activated. Your imessage, find my iphone app and push notifications should work fine. (99.99%). This will also provide you with an improved battery life.